All Hāfu Japanese
looking for the Japanese word for "mix" - Printable Version

+- All Hāfu Japanese (https://forums.halvsie.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forums.halvsie.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Nihongo (https://forums.halvsie.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: looking for the Japanese word for "mix" (/showthread.php?tid=614)

looking for the Japanese word for "mix" - hapayonsei - 08-03-2008

Hey there Halvsies...

I was reading the newspaper that I write for (hokubeinews.com)
and found an article about cooking... well, there was a word like "mazeru" (I am sure I have it wrong!!)
for "mix" that i thought was intriguing

and unfortunately as I was cleaning up, I threw away the article... can't find it on the website, either!

any ideas at all?

thanks !

Delia Tomino Nakayama

looking for the Japanese word for "mix" - number9 - 08-04-2008

Ethnically mixed people? Then the use of katakana ミックス (mikkusu = mix) is starting to take foothold.

looking for the Japanese word for "mix" - hapacheese - 08-04-2008

But, yes, "mazeru" is right for the general verb "to mix."

looking for the Japanese word for "mix" - hapayonsei - 08-04-2008

oh wow!!!!! i remembered it right!!! ~ mazeru

thanks so much!!!!!

and thanks for the word for mixed people

it all helps!!!

domo arigato and all that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush21.gif[/img]

delia ~
(fourth generation japanese american non-speaker of nihongo, oh what america did to us [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

looking for the Japanese word for &quot;mix&quot; - umpatan - 04-20-2009

<!--quoteo(post=210353:date=Aug 4 2008, 11:00 AM:name=hapayonsei)-->QUOTE(hapayonsei @ Aug 4 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->oh wow!!!!! i remembered it right!!! ~ mazeru

thanks so much!!!!!

and thanks for the word for mixed people

it all helps!!!

domo arigato and all that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush21.gif[/img]

delia ~
(fourth generation japanese american non-speaker of nihongo, oh what america did to us [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] )<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

happayonsei, the word for mixed people in Japanese is 混血(konketsu) While ハーフ is commonly used, this is a loan word, 外来語(gairaigo). If you are going to publish this word, I hope you don't write mazzatta hito, as this is not how they say it in normal Japanese.

looking for the Japanese word for &quot;mix&quot; - umpatan - 04-20-2009

<!--quoteo(post=210331:date=Aug 3 2008, 12:17 PM:name=hapayonsei)-->QUOTE(hapayonsei @ Aug 3 2008, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hey there Halvsies...

I was reading the newspaper that I write for (hokubeinews.com)
and found an article about cooking... well, there was a word like "mazeru" (I am sure I have it wrong!!)
for "mix" that i thought was intriguing

and unfortunately as I was cleaning up, I threw away the article... can't find it on the website, either!

any ideas at all?

thanks !

Delia Tomino Nakayama<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am wondering 中山Delia 富野さん、, are you hispanic and Japanese mix? I am wondering from seeing your avatar. Being 4th Generation Japanese, how many percent Japanese are you? Or are you a Pacific Islander (Hawaiian Japanese mix?) Happa Kepani.