Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Ure Eye Color?
Hello. What's your eye color, and your parents eye color too?

(doing a survey on genetic inheritance, which is especially interesting in hapas [Image: laughlong.gif]

....and, if you have the patience, any siblings too! [Image: w00t.gif]
dad= blue
mom= brown
me=brown
sister=brown with green lining
<!--quoteo(post=185306:date=Jun 7 2007, 07:59 PM:name=Marisuke)-->QUOTE(Marisuke @ Jun 7 2007, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->dad= blue
mom= brown
me=brown
sister=brown with green lining<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Interesting, that's the same in my family. Dad had light blue eyes. Mom and I have brown eyes. My sister has greenish brown.
Dad: Grey Blue
Mum: Brown
Me: Brown and Green Outer.
Brother: Very similar to mine, except more Green.
[center]captured in this light

beauty will survive[/center]
D Blue
M Brown
Me Brown
Sister One green, the other green&bright brown center.
[center]Nobody knows who I am on this forum...!

Except that I'm in all the Tokyo meetup pics... hah

[/center]
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE<!--quotec-->dad= blue
mom= brown
me=brown
sister=brown with green lining<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for reply. Your sister sounds like she got the mixing, with the green color!

aya_papaya87, Eddie, I note that with your siblings have the inner brown colour, and then the rest a green color.

My theory is the brown pigment is like lava (your iris being a volcano), and your siblings didn't have much lava so it left deposits only round the crater (the pupil). [Image: laughlong.gif] And an iris that doesn't erupt is a blue volcano.

you think i'm mad don't you? [Image: blink.gif]
^
haha
yeah, my sister got the good "mixing".
she's very pretty too. [Image: smile.gif]
dad, mum and sister dark brown
me: green-ish

its strange cause noone in my family has blue or green or other than brown eyes,.... maybe I was indeed adopted...
Mum: Brown
Dad: Greyish colour
Me: Green but always changing colour...grey, hazel, light brown

i think theres another thread like this somewhere... but with pictures!
<!--quoteo(post=185394:date=Jun 8 2007, 07:25 AM:name=Steph)-->QUOTE(Steph @ Jun 8 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Mum: Brown
Dad: Greyish colour
Me: Green but always changing colour...grey, hazel, light brown

i think theres another thread like this somewhere... but with pictures!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, I think I saw that one. Trouble was it lacked the parents data, so you can't really analyse how they got their color.

Now, you say your eyes change colour. No, the light around you changes, so depending on the light and surrounding hues, the eye color can appear quite different.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE<!--quotec-->its strange cause noone in my family has blue or green or other than brown eyes,.... maybe I was indeed adopted...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that is curious. [Image: laughlong.gif]
mama - brown
dad - blue
me - green/grey with brown ring around the pupil
dad - brown

mom - brown

me - brown

although green/gray eyes are recessive in my family
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE<!--quotec-->green/grey with brown ring around the pupil<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yes, we're seeing this result alot, and it's not surprising. it's the middle ground between blue and brown - green [Image: wink2.gif]

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE<!--quotec-->although green/gray eyes are recessive in my family<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you think about it, everyone has blue eyes....underneath the brown pigment. an albino person (a person with a lack of melanin pigment in the eyes, skin and hair) always has blue/gray eyes.
your eye colour is determined by the amount of pigment that gets deposited in your iris. a lot equals brown. an intermediate amount of pigment would result in green. and little to none, blue/gray!
i think it'd be really cool to have green eyes..since my dad would have had dark bown eyes and my mum has blue eyes..but my eyes are pretty much black..you can't see the brown unless you really shine the light in them

two different color eyes is teh hawtness

sigh...wishful thinking [Image: rolleyes.gif]
[color="#FF8C00"]..,:;"{/'-*~human rights~*-'\}";:,..[/color]

[color="#000080"]I am a citizen of the world[/color]

[color="#008080"]We can not plead against inhuman tyrannies if we don't know what it is to be human. - Robin Fox, anthropologist

[/color]

[color="#00FF00"][url="http://www.racefortibet.org"]Race For Tibet[/url][/color]

YOU ARE SAYING IMPUDENCE TO ME! THAT IS IMPUDENCE!
Dad - grey/blue
Mum - brown
Me - brown
Sis - brown

So boring... I would love to have a different eye colour! Then again... I'd probably get bored of that colour too.
I am not halv,but will about to have halv kids.. [Image: rolleyes.gif]
I am brown
my husband blue
anyone can analyse in which kids would have blue eyes? [Image: blink.gif]
or anyone knows which position to produce blue eyes kids? [Image: laughlong.gif]
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE<!--quotec-->since my dad would have had dark bown eyes<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

when you say 'would', the implication is that you're not certain, why is that (if i may ask)?

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE<!--quotec-->So boring... I would love to have a different eye colour!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

really. you wouldn't see any better though. [Image: laughlong.gif]

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE<!--quotec-->anyone can analyse in which kids would have blue eyes?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

not really. just an informed guess. I'll guess the first child will be brown (brown is dominent colour), but there's a fair chance of hazel/green too. The chances of blue eyes is very low (indeed i've seen no halvsies coming forward saying they've got blue).

Main thing is having perfect vision, whatever colour they come in! [Image: wink2.gif]
<!--quoteo(post=185657:date=Jun 11 2007, 11:18 PM:name=omega2)-->QUOTE(omega2 @ Jun 11 2007, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->really. you wouldn't see any better though. [Image: laughlong.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's just that most my friends have blue/grey/green eyes and they're really pretty.
Mum-Light brown
Dad-Dark brown
Me-brown with green bottoms
Brother-A crazy topaz colour like a cat

If I had a baby with F I wonder whut kinda eyes it would have...His are green with blue rims.
[url="http://sasasunakku.com"]Sasasunakku[/url]
<!--quoteo(post=185705:date=Jun 12 2007, 10:52 AM:name=sasa)-->QUOTE(sasa @ Jun 12 2007, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Mum-Light brown
Dad-Dark brown
Me-brown with green bottoms
Brother-A crazy topaz colour like a cat

If I had a baby with F I wonder whut kinda eyes it would have...His are green with blue rims.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

'brown with green bottoms'.... so you're another one [Image: smile.gif] An inner brown colour which leads down to a green rim. Did you get that? 'LEADING DOWN' Brown colour almost always sits uppermost, on top of all other colours. On the lower lying outer region of the eye, you find the lighter colour, unless the brown has smothered it all.

if you were to have a baby? i'd guess a green/blue color.