Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haafu characters in popular culture
There are mentions of haafu characters scattered around the boards. Just not sure if there is a thread about them.

Do you know of any fictional half Japanese characters or heroes?

The obvious one is Lupin the 3rd.
[Image: M03152218-01.jpg]
Half French, half Japanese, jewel thief and all-round cool guy.
I've never actually watched this show/cartoon.

What other haafu characters are there?

There's a half Japanese assassin type character called John Rain, in a series of books by Barry Reisler. (My flatmate has them all, might read them soon now that I will have time [Image: smile.gif] )

There's also that half English detective character in a manga... what's it called [Image: hmm.gif]
Make every moment count!
Apparently there is a manga about half... dragons (half human) [Image: blink.gif]
Guess what, it's entitled "dragon half"! [Image: doofywave.gif]
[Image: df_1kan_big.jpg]
Make every moment count!
<!--quoteo(post=183371:date=May 25 2007, 04:05 PM:name=danielyuki)-->QUOTE(danielyuki @ May 25 2007, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There's also that half English detective character in a manga... what's it called [Image: hmm.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Master Keaton! [Image: idea.gif]
That's it!
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE<!--quotec-->The story revolves around Taichi Hiraga-Keaton (平賀=キートン・太一, Hiraga-Kīton Taichi?), the son of Japanese zoologist Taihei Hiraga (平賀太平, Hiraga Taihei?) and well-born Englishwoman Patricia Keaton. Keaton's parents separated when he was five, and young Taichi moved back to England with his mother.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: 250px-Master_Keaton_cover.jpg]
Make every moment count!
In Ouran High Host Club manga/anime the host club leader Tamaiki or whatever his name is, is half french/japanese.
Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game UNO.

Jesus's Birthday isn't December 25 but Chuck Norris once sent him a birthday card for that day, Jesus was too scared to tell Chuck the truth. Thats why we celebrate Christmas.
Asuka Langley Soryu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asuka_Langley_Soryu

[Image: ty4902425542966.jpg]
Japanese hockey, Asian sports and whatnot:

[url="http://jhockey.wordpress.com/"]http://jhockey.wordpress.com/[/url]
Isn't that Gogol 17 [sp?] character, you know, the dude with the extendable cock, a halvsie?
There's a character in the comic series Strangers in Paradise who's half-Japanese, Yousaka Takahashi, but he goes by David Qin. It's a long story ...

Also, the second Green Arrow in DC Comics, Connor Hawke, is halvsie. I think he's half-Japanese, but I'm not sure.
"Soccer is crystal meth. It's very addictive, but really messes up your teeth. I guess I've never viewed soccer as some sort of controlled substance. To me, it's probably more like Nutella. The rest of the world clearly loves it and puts it on almost everything, but here in America we're like, "I don't know, man, it tastes like almonds." -- Jon Stewart
Hitomi from the Dead or Alive video game series is half-Japanese...
The character Johnny Murana played by the late and tragic Brandon Lee, son of Bruce in the 1991 film Showdown in Little Tokyo is surely a halvsie. His character never says it, but its implied in several parts of the dialogue.
Why are almost all half-Japanese/half-Western characters blondes? In reality they have black hair.

Tamaki Suou (half-French, half-Japanese) from Ouran Host Club
Rebecca Miyamoto (half-Japanese, half-American) from Pani Poni Dash!
Momiji Sohma (half-German, half-Japanese) from Fruits Basket
Elise Housen (half-French, half-Japanese) from Canvas 2
Eri Sawachika (half-British, half-Japanese) from School Rumble
Maria Tachibana (half-Russian, half-Japanese) from Sakura Taisen
Heindrick and Elizabeth K. Strawberryfield (half-English, half-Japanese) from Kamen no Maid Guy
Niina Isokawa (half-American, half-Japanese) from Tona-gura
Sophie Balzac Kirisaki (half-French, half-Japanese) from Yakitate Japan
Meister Silvan Kirisaki (half-French, half-Japanese) from Yakitate Japan

Kouji Jefferson Sakai (half-Swedish, half-Japanese) from Hungry Heart~ Wild Striker has silvery-blonde hair.

Orihime Soletta (half-Italian, half-Japanese) from Sakura Taisen 2 and Yuki (half-Greek, half-Japanese) from the manga Love for Venus have black hair, not blond hair. But then again Italians and Greeks, being mediterranean, generally do not have blonde hair.

What's more interesting is that all half-Japanese, half-French children such as Suou Tamaki, Sophie Balzac Kirisaki, Meister Silvan Kirisaki, Elise Housen, Christine Hanakomachi have French mothers and Japanese fathers. Hanabi Kitaoji's grandmother is a Frenchwoman.
<!--quoteo(post=212797:date=Nov 20 2008, 04:34 PM:name=Stelok)-->QUOTE(Stelok @ Nov 20 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why are almost all half-Japanese/half-Western characters blondes? In reality they have black hair.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You may be surprised to know that there are Halvsies out there with naturally blonde hair. It is extremely rare but it does happen.
INTERESTING TOPIC.

SOLID SNAKE FROM METAL GEAR SOLID—HIS REAL MOM IS JAPANESE, BUT HE WAS BORN FROM A WHITE WOMAN WHO WAS A SURROGATE BUT CARRIED THE EGG OF A JAPANESE WOMAN, MAKING SNAKE HALF JAPANESE. THE WHOLE SITUATION IS CONFUSING AND COMPLEX BUT YOU GET THE BASIC IDEA

FOR REFERENCE IT MEntions it in MGS1, MGS4, and the digital saga manual

They aren't half japanese but i think they earn a mention : ken from street fighter is 3/4 japanese and sean from sf3 is 1/4 japanese .
And in Onimusha4, there's a playable character named Roberto whose father is Spanish and mother is Japanese.
<!--quoteo(post=212809:date=Nov 21 2008, 04:31 AM:name=yamapikko)-->QUOTE(yamapikko @ Nov 21 2008, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And in Onimusha4, there's a playable character named Roberto whose father is Spanish and mother is Japanese.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How original. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]