Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is this?
Well, I was having a conversation with my friend and I told her about a japanese cookbook I found and a location of an asian supermarket near my home. Her reply was "ちょっと きる ね”

I really have no idea what she meant by that... Growing up in America, my japanese is very "textbook"; so in natural conversation, sometimes I get a little lost.

Anyone have an idea what she meant by that?
Were you on the phone? Because if so, it's something along the lines of "I need to hang up (the phone)".

電話を切る (denwa wo kiru) - to hang up the phone (I suppose literally "cut the line").

But if you weren't on the phone, I dunno.
[color="#9ACD32"]Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

[/color]
Nope... we weren't on the phone. Hmm, I'm beginning to think I misunderstood.... I'm just going to have to ask her, I guess ^.^
Un, un, I think that's the best way to go. Gambare~~~. [Image: smile.gif]
[color="#9ACD32"]Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

[/color]
maybe there was something before the "kiru" [Image: eh.gif] making it some other verb [Image: hmm.gif]

I wonder what she meant. Let us know!
Make every moment count!
I think she was saying that she's going to kill you a little bit.
[Image: 567684843_0c6866679f_m.jpg]
着る
切る
斬る
伐る
theres a 3/4 chance your friend wants to harm you...

lol seriously actually maybe you misheard? if you weren't on the phone (or, maybe the net, on msn or something) her responce doesnt seem to make sense.
[center]Nobody knows who I am on this forum...!

Except that I'm in all the Tokyo meetup pics... hah

[/center]
<!--quoteo(post=180831:date=May 10 2007, 12:16 AM:name=Eddie)-->QUOTE(Eddie @ May 10 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->着る
切る
斬る
伐る
theres a 3/4 chance your friend wants to harm you...

lol seriously actually maybe you misheard? if you weren't on the phone (or, maybe the net, on msn or something) her responce doesnt seem to make sense.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: laughlong.gif]

kawaii!
[color="#dddd00"][center][size="1"][/size] [/center][center][size="1"]"for Zen's belief in Sudden illumination, a fleeting glimpse of existence just as it really is."[/size][/center][/color]