Poll: Do people often think you are much younger than you really are?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young looking Halvsies!
I remember DanielYuki saying that halvsies often look somewhere in their mid-twenties, whatever their age.

I think there's a bit of truth in that. I think a lot look around their mid to late twenties even when they're older or younger.
A lot of people think I'm a few years younger than I am when they first meet me. When I was 15 I was mistaken for 12... hehe. Being flat-chested doesn't help either lol. However, I am often told that I ACT older than I am, so it kind of works out!
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain
I'm usually mistaken for some one in their early 20s. I'm 27. Come to think of it, when I was 18 some people thought I was in their early 20s! I guess I've looked more or less the same forever.

I'm used to people thinking I'm younger than I actually am, and don't mind getting asked for my id card, which coincidentially happened last week when I was buying a bottle of wine. The more awkward situations are when people about 20 or so start talking to me as if I was pretty much in their age group. [Image: tongue.gif]
When i was 20 I got pulled over by the police because they thought i was too young to be driving. That's < 16 here [Image: blink.gif] He just looked at my license and started laughing.

I think i'm starting to show my age more now and am getting carded less and less often, but I still get the occasional "young look" comment that makes me feel good haha
<!--quoteo(post=164230:date=Nov 10 2006, 05:00 AM:name=Zashikibuta)-->QUOTE(Zashikibuta @ Nov 10 2006, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I remember DanielYuki saying that halvsies often look somewhere in their mid-twenties, whatever their age.

I think there's a bit of truth in that. I think a lot look around their mid to late twenties even when they're older or younger.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hehe, yeah, I think i've stopped aging. [Image: laugh.gif]
cool poll steph....

Everyone one here in Greece thinks I am about 25-26 when I am 30... [Image: tongue.gif] Everyone in Japan think I am 27-28... Either way I win.... [Image: wink2.gif]
I don't seem to have this particular problem of people thinking I'm younger-looking than my actual age...it's usually the other way around...how depressing [Image: crazy.gif]
[color="#0000FF"]Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....or in some cases, post.[/color]
<!--quoteo(post=164737:date=Nov 16 2006, 02:01 AM:name=73bonneville)-->QUOTE(73bonneville @ Nov 16 2006, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't seem to have this particular problem of people thinking I'm younger-looking than my actual age...it's usually the other way around...how depressing [Image: crazy.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe it's a guy thing.
<!--quoteo(post=164798:date=Nov 16 2006, 03:09 AM:name=Nez)-->QUOTE(Nez @ Nov 16 2006, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe it's a guy thing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks Nez...now I feel <i>soooo</i> much younger. [Image: blink.gif]
[color="#0000FF"]Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....or in some cases, post.[/color]
<!--quoteo(post=164316:date=Nov 10 2006, 07:50 AM:name=robert)-->QUOTE(robert @ Nov 10 2006, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->When i was 20 I got pulled over by the police because they thought i was too young to be driving. That's < 16 here [Image: blink.gif] He just looked at my license and started laughing.

I think i'm starting to show my age more now and am getting carded less and less often, but I still get the occasional "young look" comment that makes me feel good haha<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually when I met you I thought you were like 19 lol
Happiness is not something ready made,it comes from your own actions. XIV Dalai Lama
<!--quoteo(post=164864:date=Nov 16 2006, 11:58 PM:name=73bonneville)-->QUOTE(73bonneville @ Nov 16 2006, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Thanks Nez...now I feel <i>soooo</i> much younger. [Image: blink.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Call it a gift. [Image: smile.gif]
Here in Australia people always think I'm like 16 or 17 (I'm actually 21). I don't think it's all from being half Japanese though cos my mom (finnish) looks relaly young for her age too. It can be annoying sometimes but one time I got into the movies on a child ticket which was awsome! I think I was actually 19 at the time lol In Japan I have mixed guesses. Since I'm taller than your average Japanese (Im 171cm) they think I'm like 25 but I have a baby face so some guess correctly.
Just a quick note for all those people who're a little sore about getting carded: liquor store proprietors in the United States have to card anyone who looks like they could be under the age of 45.

The first time I was ever carded was 3 months after I turned 21. I never tried to buy alcohol before that, so I was horribly disappointed when I went on a buying spree all over the city and didn't get carded all night.

I guess it's my super-straight Japanese stubble.
I'm almost always assumed to be in my early 20s, and sometimes people think I'm female.
Now, THAT is an identity crisis!
<!--quoteo(post=164967:date=Nov 17 2006, 03:45 AM:name=Nez)-->QUOTE(Nez @ Nov 17 2006, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Call it a gift. [Image: smile.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, ever thought of volunteering at your local suicide prevention hotline? [Image: crazy.gif]
<!--quoteo(post=166327:date=Nov 29 2006, 01:25 PM:name=Paroikoi)-->QUOTE(Paroikoi @ Nov 29 2006, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->sometimes people think I'm female.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Okay, now I'm very curious as to what you look like...and I'm guessing others will be too [Image: ph34r.gif]
[color="#9ACD32"]Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

[/color]
<!--quoteo(post=166327:date=Nov 29 2006, 11:25 AM:name=Paroikoi)-->QUOTE(Paroikoi @ Nov 29 2006, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm almost always assumed to be in my early 20s, and sometimes people think I'm female.
Now, THAT is an identity crisis!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've only met one person like that.
This guy at uni, nobody intially knew if he was a boy or a girl.
<!--quoteo(post=166342:date=Nov 30 2006, 07:56 AM:name=chiquita)-->QUOTE(chiquita @ Nov 30 2006, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Okay, now I'm very curious as to what you look like...and I'm guessing others will be too [Image: ph34r.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I totally second that!!!
<!--quoteo(post=166342:date=Nov 30 2006, 06:26 AM:name=chiquita)-->QUOTE(chiquita @ Nov 30 2006, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Okay, now I'm very curious as to what you look like...and I'm guessing others will be too [Image: ph34r.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I use to get mistaken for a girl a lot too. Nowadays, I don't look feminine anymore (than god!) but people have a hard time guessing my age and ethinicity too.

think about it: an ethnically confused, androgynous lolita.... eck! [Image: shutup.gif] [Image: laugh.gif]
I'm not a real actor, but I play one on TV.
Danielyuki is right.. I think everyone haafu does tend to look early -mid twenties!!

I met my english cousin last week who i hadnt seen since she was 5 (I was 14)... she's now 17.
She now looks older than me!! he he