Poll: Do people often think you are much younger than you really are?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young looking Halvsies!
<!--quoteo(post=194748:date=Oct 19 2007, 04:47 PM:name=danielyuki)-->QUOTE(danielyuki @ Oct 19 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wait a minute...

So you can stay looking youthful IF you decide to stop enjoying your life.

I think I'd rather enjoy my life thank you! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Anyway, I think most of us look younger than we are anyway. Hybrid vigour and all that innit [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink2.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
yeah me to.. I cant live a life like a monk... no offense Nez.. I like some fun even with dangers.. plus, getting sun tanned in a certain grade wont give u cancer... sun is healthy to a certain extent... take flowers as an example [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

@danielyuki: if u want to look more like a teacher, dye your hair grey, make a fake belly, wear brown leather shoes with strings and grow a short moustache or sth
^ Does this also apply to tanning beds? I just want to get a tan one time for some pictures I'm having taken.
@ Yuki: No, using a tanning bed once won't kill you. It only starts to get dangerous when you become one of those people who uses it on a weekly basis, all year round. They're the ones who end up looking like dried up prunes and/or get skin cancer.
Ah, thank you. Good to know. I've never used one before, and I certainly don't want to look like a prune (eeeww ... *shudders* ... makes me think of the old lady boob close-up from "There's Something About Mary") ...
Why not do that spray tan thing?
1/2 Japanese, 3/8 Irish, 1/8 German, and 100% American.

[Image: Tomscruff.jpg]
I was thinking about that, actually [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] ... perhaps I'll go that route instead.
The spray tan thing never looks natural... It always seems to get this orange hue. At least, that's what I've noticed, particularly with people who use it in Japan.
Hmmmm, well I don't want to look like an Oompa Loompa ....
I've seen some folks who have gotten the spray on tan and they look natural. No one wants the pumpkin orange George Hamilton thing. The fake stuff has gotten better over the years.
1/2 Japanese, 3/8 Irish, 1/8 German, and 100% American.

[Image: Tomscruff.jpg]
Then someone needs to tell that to the folks hanging out in Shibuya and Shinjuku [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=195656:date=Oct 24 2007, 06:59 PM:name=grindx)-->QUOTE(grindx @ Oct 24 2007, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've seen some folks who have gotten the spray on tan and they look natural. No one wants the pumpkin orange George Hamilton thing. The fake stuff has gotten better over the years.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah, right on. Natural is good. George Hamilton tan is not good.
Recently people have underestimated my age. Two girls which I met, to be more precise. They said I looked something between 17-18, when i'm actually 22. Well, maybe it was a way for them to flert with me, since they were young as well (and if so, it actually worked with the second girl [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/inlove.gif[/img] )

Also a guy who came to deliver the rent bill to my apartment asked me if my mother was at home at the moment. Probably thought I was a teenager as well lol.
As a kid people always told me I looked older than my age, especially in Japan - in fact, when I went to Japan with my mum and baby sister (I was 12, she was barely 1 yr old), EVERYBODY in Japan thought my sister was my daughter. I was deeply offended by it cause I thought they were implying that I'd gotten pregnant at age 12 - but they probably thought I was about 18 or so, cause when I said I was 12 they looked shocked!

Looking older was an advantage in the UK cause I entered bars well before I was 18 without being asked for ID [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Now I think I look pretty much my age - or so I hope. I don't want to look oldER now I'm an adult...
<!--quoteo(post=203529:date=Mar 4 2008, 10:54 PM:name=Moridin)-->QUOTE(Moridin @ Mar 4 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Recently people have underestimated my age. Two girls which I met, to be more precise. They said I looked something between 17-18, when i'm actually 22. Well, maybe it was a way for them to flert with me, since they were young as well (and if so, it actually worked with the second girl [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/inlove.gif[/img] )

Also a guy who came to deliver the rent bill to my apartment asked me if my mother was at home at the moment. Probably thought I was a teenager as well lol.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That can definitely be a disadvantage in your 20s, since it means that some people might not take you seriously at work, but it's definitely a major plus once you hit 30!
lol i still get IDd for cigarettes and definatly alcohol. (in UK)

Im auditioning for a part in a play which i have to play 2 parts... a 16 year old then a 25-35 year old (when she grows up). I think I will have a harder time trying to look 35!

yeah in Japan though, people used to think I was a daigakusei (university student) when I was like 14...... now they kinda guess correctly i think.

Monkeys be deleting after they post [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laughlong.gif[/img]
Zoovy
I'm not sure, I get IDd once in a while but some people are surprised when they hear my age, they think I'm a few years older.
I dunno...i get carded for liquor all the time, but that's not really a good gauge
<!--quoteo(post=203606:date=Mar 5 2008, 03:56 AM:name=troyakira)-->QUOTE(troyakira @ Mar 5 2008, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I dunno...i get carded for liquor all the time, but that's not really a good gauge<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, especially in the U.S. since a lot of places card you independently of how you actually look. My boyfriend once got into a major argument when he tried get a beer at Six Flags. He's 48 and looks like one of those aging hippies and they were still insisting on seeing some ID!
<!--quoteo(post=203643:date=Mar 5 2008, 04:04 AM:name=Global Nomad)-->QUOTE(Global Nomad @ Mar 5 2008, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, especially in the U.S. since a lot of places card you independently of how you actually look. My boyfriend once got into a major argument when he tried get a beer at Six Flags. He's 48 and looks like one of those aging hippies and they were still insisting on seeing some ID!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's pretty silly [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Unless he's very youthful looking [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]