Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Janken
Everyone must have played this right?
Popularly know as Paper, scissors, stone in the west.

What

variations did you play?
Do you say Pon or Poi?
Do you have any specific tactics? Always start with Guu

for instance?

Greenpeesu?
Did anyone play that nasty one where you grab your opponents cheek with each

victory and then do this nasty ritual "tate tate yoko yoko marukaite chon!" ouch

[Image: crazy.gif]

aa, natsukashii na.

We often

use a variation to pick teams for BBall.
Guuu paa jass (just guu or paa)
Make every moment count!
<a

href='http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4521589.stm' target='_blank'>Janken used to close major

Biz deal</a>.

What's your strategy? [Image: wink2.gif]
Make every moment count!
janken pon! aiko de sho!

hehee reminds me of my childhood..i remember getting so frustrated when

all the other kiddies said 'paper scissors rock'..coz i was like 'no its JANKEN PON'

[Image: mad.gif]

then theyd just give me a funny look...

[Image: unsure.gif]
[center]captured in this light

beauty will survive[/center]
([Image: happy.gif])y = scissors
([Image: happy.gif])D = paper
([Image: happy.gif])@ = rock
Did

anyone ever do the long drawn out version?

saisho ha gu, a mata mata gu,
ikariya chousuke
atama ha

pa
seigi ha katsu
a jyan ken pon!

then there's also "acchimuite hoi" which can be

enjoyed through adulthood as a rowdy drinking game! [Image: laughlong.gif]
Suffering is above, not below.

And everyone thinks that suffering is below.

And everyone wants to rise.
<!--QuoteBegin-aya_papaya87+Jun 22 2005, 09:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (aya_papaya87 @ Jun 22 2005, 09:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> hehee reminds me of my childhood.. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div

class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I still make major decisions playing janken!

For example,

if me and my sister are going out and we have difficulty chosing a restaurant, we narrow them down to two and

play janken for it. I also make my bf play janken in similar TOUGH decisions. But he's goes "Nooo, not

janken.. can't we just decide on something.."

For some strange reason, he often wins. He claims

he has got some kind of strategy but I don't know what it is. I just go for what feels right.
like no other
<!--QuoteBegin-Mabuta+Jun 21 2005, 08:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mabuta @ Jun 21 2005, 08:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-aya_papaya87+Jun 22 2005, 09:38 AM--></div><table border='0'

align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (aya_papaya87 @ Jun

22 2005, 09:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> hehee reminds me of my childhood..

[/quote]
I still make major decisions

playing janken!

For example, if me and my sister are going out and we have difficulty chosing a

restaurant, we narrow them down to two and play janken for it. I also make my bf play janken in similar TOUGH

decisions. But he's goes "Nooo, not janken.. can't we just decide on something.."

For

some strange reason, he often wins. He claims he has got some kind of strategy but I don't know what it is.

I just go for what feels right. [/quote]

ha i know! whenever faced with a dillema, resort to junken pon..
my mum still makes my brother and i do

it when we fight over something..i.e who gets to use the net first..

btw im 18!

[Image: unsure.gif] [Image: tongue.gif]
[center]captured in this light

beauty will survive[/center]
<!--QuoteBegin-yuukiariel+Jun 22 2005, 03:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (yuukiariel @ Jun 22 2005, 03:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Did anyone ever do the long drawn out version?

saisho ha gu, a mata mata

gu,
ikariya chousuke
atama ha pa
seigi ha katsu
a jyan ken pon!

then there's also

"acchimuite hoi" which can be enjoyed through adulthood as a rowdy drinking game!

[Image: laughlong.gif] <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div

[Image: laugh.gif] ooOOH It's been awhile since I heard that one!!

Natsukashiiiii~~

I usually say "pon" and the "tate tate yoko yoko marukaite

chon!" we used to call that the "bulldog" we would sing bulllu bullu bullu dogu~ and do this

twisty thing like the "ito maki maki" thing Shimura-ken used to do on the Kato-chan ~ Ken-chan

show.
If ignorance is bliss then I'd rather be miserable....
Bulldog! That's it! I couldn't remember the name.
Damn, sometimes that really hurt

[Image: tongue.gif]

and Acchi muite hoi! So much fun

[Image: rolleyes.gif] [Image: smile.gif]
Make every moment count!
Each

episode of Sazae-san end with a janken game between the viewer and Sazae-san. [Image: smile.gif]
like no other
<!--QuoteBegin-aya_papaya87+Jun 22 2005, 07:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (aya_papaya87 @ Jun 22 2005, 07:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> janken pon! aiko de sho!

hehee reminds me of my childhood..i

remember getting so frustrated when all the other kiddies said 'paper scissors rock'..coz i was like

'no its JANKEN PON' [Image: mad.gif]

then theyd just give me a

funny look... [Image: unsure.gif] <!--QuoteEnd-->

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: yes2.gif]

Barbarians! What did they ever know? [Image: tongue.gif]
When I was

young me and my friends used to janken and whoever lost got a shippe (slapping wrist/forearm area with two

fingers) or a deko-pin (flicking forehead). This continued until the pain became unbearable and the loser gave

up. We were baka.
More

than you ever wanted to know about janken : (<a

href='http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%98%E3%82%83%E3%82%93%E3%81%91%E3%82%93'

target='_blank'>Japanese</a> and English).

I never knew that "saisho wa gu" originated from Shimura Ken

and the Drifters! And the World Rock Paper Scissors Society with a world championship??

[Image: laugh.gif]

I always said "poi", not

"pon". My dad, who being American didn't grow up playing it, always says "pon" but that

just sounds quaint to me. Besides, "pon" doesn't rhyme with "aiko de shoi" or

"acchi muite hoi"! I still have trouble keeping up with two or more rapid-fire consecutive

"aiko de shoi"s, especially since some people go "aiko de shoi, aiko de shoi, aiko de

shoi..." while others say "aiko de shoi ... shoi ... shoi" Is this another Kanto/Kansai thing??

There really needs to be a standard on this!

To prepare for a match, as kids we would try to forsee

the outcome with the help of a magic oracle formed by clasping your hands with crossed wrists, twisting the

clasped hands inwards, holding them up to your face, and peering in between the hands... worked every time...

or maybe it was just 33% of the time. [Image: biggrin.gif]
I shall serve no fries before their time.
<!--QuoteBegin-Riktov+Jun 22 2005, 11:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Riktov @ Jun 22 2005, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

To prepare for a match, as kids we would try to forsee the outcome with

the help of a magic oracle formed by clasping your hands with crossed wrists, twisting the clasped hands

inwards, holding them up to your face, and peering in between the hands... worked every time... or maybe it was

just 33% of the time. [Image: biggrin.gif] <!--QuoteEnd-->

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
It also helps if your opponent is easy to read

and/or never changes their strategy. I've known my friend since our houikuen days and he still starts

scissor, then paper and rock. Sooo predictable!! [Image: laugh.gif]
<!--QuoteBegin-Marisuke+Jun 23 2005, 01:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Marisuke @ Jun 23 2005, 01:55

AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Riktov+Jun 22 2005, 11:49 AM--></div><table

border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Riktov

@ Jun 22 2005, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

To prepare for a match,

as kids we would try to forsee the outcome with the help of a magic oracle formed by clasping your hands with

crossed wrists, twisting the clasped hands inwards, holding them up to your face, and peering in between the

hands...  worked every time... or maybe it was just 33% of the time. [Image: biggrin.gif] <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div

class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It also helps if your opponent is easy to read and/or never changes

their strategy. I've known my friend since our houikuen days and he still starts scissor, then paper and

rock. Sooo predictable!! [Image: laugh.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div

class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
LISA: Look, there's only one way to settle this.

Rock-paper-scissors.
LISA'S BRAIN: Poor predictable Bart. Always takes 'rock'.
BART'S

BRAIN: Good ol' 'rock'. Nuthin' beats that!
BART: Rock!
LISA: Paper.
BART:

D'oh!
I shall serve no fries before their time.
<!--QuoteBegin-Mabuta+Jun 21 2005, 09:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mabuta @ Jun 21 2005, 09:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Each episode of Sazae-san end with a janken game between the viewer and

Sazae-san. [Image: smile.gif] <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div

<!--coloro:green--><!--/coloro-->Sazae-san?!!! Natsukashii....

I usually cheat at jan ken poi... [Image: dry.gif] <!--colorc-->

<!--/colorc-->
how do you

cheat? I wanna know!
魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!
<!--QuoteBegin-Yuriko+Jun 24 2005, 01:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Yuriko @ Jun 24 2005, 01:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> how do you cheat? I wanna know! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div

<!--coloro:green--><!--/coloro-->Im less than one second slower and make

big moves with my hand to gain time.. cant explain..got to show you...

This way you have a very slight

time to make a goog guess of what the other is going to do.. It takes time and practise...But it works...<!--colorc-->

<!--/colorc-->
please.

I'm bad at janken...
魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!
<!--QuoteBegin-Yuriko+Jun 24 2005, 02:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Yuriko @ Jun 24 2005, 02:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> please. I'm bad at janken... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div

<!--coloro:green--><!--/coloro-->Have to meet

tet-a-tet!!!

While riding spash mountain or somethin'? [Image: laugh.gif] <!--colorc-->

<!--/colorc-->