Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does this word mean in English?
anyone know what Minna-san means in English?
minna =

everyone
minasan / minasama = when addressing to a big group of people
thanks

LOL was buggin me
I was

going to tell Gelaye off for making a new thread just for this word, but then I had a look and we don't have

a "what's this word mean?" thread?

So I guess, this is a good thread [Image: whistling.gif]

iiiiine [Image: wink2.gif]
Make every moment count!
<!--QuoteBegin-danielyuki+Jun 16 2005, 11:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (danielyuki @ Jun 16 2005, 11:46

AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was going to tell Gelaye off for making a new thread just

for this word, but then I had a look and we don't have a "what's this word mean?"

thread?

So I guess, this is a good thread [Image: whistling.gif]

iiiiine [Image: wink2.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div

class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Jeez, d-y, lighten up on the new guy... [Image: laugh.gif] Don't pay any attention to him, gelaye, he's nuts with power

[Image: w00t.gif]
[color="#0000FF"]Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....or in some cases, post.[/color]
Yeah

Nihongo forum needs more threads [Image: tongue.gif]
Japanese hockey, Asian sports and whatnot:

[url="http://jhockey.wordpress.com/"]http://jhockey.wordpress.com/[/url]
how do you call someone's strong hand and foot? i mean, if
someone is left-handed, then his strong hand

is left. is there any word for
that?

in japanese it's "kikite" , and for the strong

foot it is "kikiashi".

but what's the words in English, anyone know?! Thanks
<!--QuoteBegin-Excalibur76+Jul 7 2005, 06:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Excalibur76 @ Jul 7 2005, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> how do you call someone's strong hand and foot? i mean, if
someone is

left-handed, then his strong hand is left. is there any word for
that?

in japanese it's

"kikite" , and for the strong foot it is "kikiashi".

but what's the words in

English, anyone know?! Thanks <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

<!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: blink.gif] You don't know in English??

You ARE English desho? [Image: rolleyes.gif]

Left-handed, right-handed janai? [Image: eh.gif]
You also say football players are left-footed etc.

Ambidextrous means

equally skillful with both hands.
Make every moment count!
Not to be

confused with amphibian. [Image: laugh.gif]
erm... not

exactly the topic, and also a little embarassing, but... does the word ブリブリ exist as

child language for penis, or is that something our family made up (like ずずず for vacuum

cleaner. I always thought it's a word until 3 years 前 or sth.)
魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!
lol
like chinchin buri buri.. like dangle, dangle.
i'm sooo mature dane.
i'm actually laughing

right now.. mind you, i'm so bored,i'd be laughing at anything.
[Image: mellow.gif]
魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!
<!--QuoteBegin-Marisuke+Jul 7 2005, 05:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Marisuke @ Jul 7 2005, 05:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> lol
like chinchin buri buri.. like dangle, dangle.
i'm sooo mature

dane.
i'm actually laughing right now.. mind you, i'm so bored,i'd be laughing at anything.

[/quote]
Ohhhh, sh*t. You guys just

brought up some repressed memories of mine from childhood in Osaka/Kobe...my mom used to sing(?) that sh*t to me

as a toddler. Thanks for the memories [Image: laugh.gif] !
[color="#0000FF"]Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....or in some cases, post.[/color]
<!--QuoteBegin-Yuriko+Jul 7 2005, 11:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Yuriko @ Jul 7 2005, 11:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> [Image: mellow.gif] <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

<!--QuoteEEnd-->
did i totally creep you out? [Image: blush21.gif]
<!--QuoteBegin-Excalibur76+Jul 6 2005, 11:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Excalibur76 @ Jul 6 2005, 11:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> how do you call someone's strong hand and foot? i mean, if
someone is

left-handed, then his strong hand is left. is there any word for
that?

in japanese it's

"kikite" , and for the strong foot it is "kikiashi".

but what's the words in

English, anyone know?! Thanks <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

<!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's like danielyuki sez, plus in surf vernacular, your strong foot is the one on the

back of the board, so left foot on the back is called 'goofy-footed'.

And as everyone knows, an

amphibian is a frog that can surf either way.
Is

there another meaning to the word "kanwa" besides that of "kanwajiten?"
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain
<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3'

cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->does the word

ブリブリ exist as child language for penis, or is that something our family made up

[/quote]
err.. no. [Image: dry.gif] It's just your family. [Image: laugh.gif]
Chinamini it's chin chin bura bura souseiji, not chin chin buri buri.

Buri buri is more like, geri or unko buri buri.
Doesn't buri buri refer to the behavior of a "burikko?"
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain
<!--QuoteBegin-Davide+Jul 9 2005, 09:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Davide @ Jul 9 2005, 09:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Buri buri is more like, geri or unko buri buri. <!--QuoteEnd-->

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: crazy.gif]

Thank you for the answer. [Image: smile.gif] so buri buri would be like "pflshsqw".
魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!
Maybe you

mean 緩和 and not 漢和? Then it's relief. It's the only kanwa-wordI know, but I

bet there are tons.
魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!