Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how often do you study Japanese?
How do I

apply for the Halvsie Learning Japanese scholarship?
I went to enrol for my classes today at Uni and turns out, I CAN TAKE JAPANESE! i'm over the moon

[Image: laugh.gif]

but because my kanji reading skills

SUCK and I cant write Kanji either, I have to take Japanese 8 instead of Japanese 10-11 which is the HIGHEST

LEVEL of Japanese. I have to work my ass off with Japanese Kanji because turns out I can speak more than I write

(while everyone else can read Kanji very well but reads hiragana quite slowly) so I have to PRETEND I cant read

Hiragana that well. I'm also not allowed to answer every question the teacher asks!

[Image: w00t.gif]
I'm only here for this moment

Jeff Buckley - Everybody here wants you lyrics
congratulations. it might turn out to be a bore for you, though, cause you already speak japanese. howeveer, it

might be a great course, though. if they have 11 different ones, it's most likely that you actually have

good classes and teachers. did you have to take a test?
魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!
the

last time i studied japanese was in grammar school. i went to a buddhist temple that held japanese classes on

saturday mornings. i was the only haafu/hapa/halvsie in the joint and boy did i get some looks. at least i

have a japanese last name, i think that spared me from further ostracization. i didn't learn much. the

experience was too traumatizing on a social level to focus on the lessons at hand. i remember some katakana

tho, and how to write my name in japanese in katakana. but that's about it.
hokubeinews.com/en/columns/Tomi-Talk
I didn't take a test but it was pretty embarassing when the professor made me read extracts from a book

and I couldn't read the kanji! and on top of that, she made me read it and try to translate what I just

read!

It was so difficult. But the good thing was the they were impressed by my spoken

Japanese!

ureshi
I'm only here for this moment

Jeff Buckley - Everybody here wants you lyrics
Have been

making steady progress with 3rd year primary kanji. Reading is no problem and writing hasn't turned out to

be too bad. it's much less painful the second time round.
The last time

I studied Japanese was when I was living in Kyoto and going to uni in 2003. I managed to write my dissertation

on "The Japanese and Nature" in Japanese with the help of an awesome pocket electronic dictionary, a

Japanese laptop and a Japanese boyfriend!!!!!

Now I can barely read a magazine let

alone a book.
<!--QuoteBegin-LJ+Jul 23 2005, 08:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LJ @ Jul 23 2005, 08:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Now I can barely read a magazine let alone a book. <!--QuoteEnd-->

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's so depressing how quickly it goes.

Sometimes I curse my mother for being Japanese and trying to bring me up bilingually. It would have been so much

easier if she had been French or Spanish - easier and cheaper countries to get to, same alphabet....
<!--QuoteBegin-Hanako+Jul 23 2005, 10:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Hanako @ Jul 23 2005, 10:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-LJ+Jul 23 2005, 08:27 AM--></div><table border='0'

align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LJ @ Jul 23 2005,

08:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Now I can barely read a magazine let alone a

book. [/quote]
It's so depressing how

quickly it goes. Sometimes I curse my mother for being Japanese and trying to bring me up bilingually. It would

have been so much easier if she had been French or Spanish - easier and cheaper countries to get to, same

alphabet.... [/quote]
Exactly! One

minute you can semi read a Japanese newspaper and the next minute all you can use it for is wrapping your chips

in!!!

I used to lie and say I was half Spanish tee hee.
3年2学期の漢字ドリルやっと終&#1243

1;った。中学3年まで終わるのが&#203

09;ヶ月かかるかなー。