Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popcorn
Seeing as though this is the <i>pop</i> culture forum, I thought I'd make a post about popcorn. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Recently, I read a blog entry about pot popcorn. That is, popcorn that you make in a saucepan.

I never realised how easy it was to make popcorn without a microwave. I just made some for lunch (I had gazpacho too!) and it was delicious.

Any popcorn fans here? What are your favourite toppings?
not a big fan of the kind that gives you lung cancer

it's hard to enjoy popcorn when your body is devouring itself from the inside out
How does popcorn give you lung cancer? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wakaranai.gif[/img]
A kind of cheese-flavored powder put on popcorn apparently caused lung cancer if you were exposed to it over a long period of time.
Nez, you had popcorn for lunch? Is that really filling?
My mum used to make popcorn for us in a pot with a glass lid so we could stand on a chair and watch, I have that memory from a time that I was too young to remember much else.
[url="http://sasasunakku.com"]Sasasunakku[/url]
<!--quoteo(post=215027:date=Feb 17 2009, 08:39 PM:name=Tadashi)-->QUOTE(Tadashi @ Feb 17 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Nez, you had popcorn for lunch? Is that really filling?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah but I had it with soup yo. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/butbut.gif[/img] Apparently, popcorn, when prepared in a healthy way, has the same nutritional qualities as other cereals. This Yahoo Answers page is surprisingly helpful.

DKD: Part of the reason I'm into pot popcorn is to avoid those nasty artificial flavours.
Thon!
actually I remember one episode of Top Chef that the guy used popcorn to make veeery intelligent and posh food... dont remember what it was though...

I am not a bit fan of pop corn cause I cant stand the idea of the corn stuck in my teeth [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] ..so I prefer that muuuch healither- not- chips!!!
<!--quoteo(post=215032:date=Feb 17 2009, 04:11 AM:name=Nez)-->QUOTE(Nez @ Feb 17 2009, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah but I had it with soup yo. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/butbut.gif[/img] Apparently, popcorn, when prepared in a healthy way, has the same nutritional qualities as other cereals. This Yahoo Answers page is surprisingly helpful.

DKD: Part of the reason I'm into pot popcorn is to avoid those nasty artificial flavours.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When pot seeds are popped, aren't there usually a lotta sparks?
I know that happens in joints with lots of seeds. This is just something I've heard somewhere [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]

then there's the small size of the popped pot seeds. Must have to eat a ton of 'em, ne?

[color="#0000FF"]Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....or in some cases, post.[/color]
<!--quoteo(post=215042:date=Feb 18 2009, 01:27 AM:name=73bonneville)-->QUOTE(73bonneville @ Feb 18 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->When pot seeds are popped, aren't there usually a lotta sparks?
I know that happens in joints with lots of seeds. This is just something I've heard somewhere [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]

then there's the small size of the popped pot seeds. Must have to eat a ton of 'em, ne?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hemp oil in the seeds is filled with nutrients though and they are quite tasty. If you happen to find some, eat 'em or plant 'em, don't smoke 'em.

Why did you buy seedy pot anyways? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=215055:date=Feb 17 2009, 05:30 PM:name=sasa)-->QUOTE(sasa @ Feb 17 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hemp oil in the seeds is filled with nutrients though and they are quite tasty. If you happen to find some, eat 'em or plant 'em, don't smoke 'em.

Why did you buy seedy pot anyways? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Uhhhh...it was <i>given</i> to me.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] actually, back in high school ALL pot had seeds, at least til the advent of other, more potent, seedless varieties.
[color="#0000FF"]Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....or in some cases, post.[/color]
kettlecorn popcorn is the best
I do not eat popcorn.
<!--quoteo(post=216903:date=May 1 2009, 10:22 AM:name=troyakira)-->QUOTE(troyakira @ May 1 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->kettlecorn popcorn is the best<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
x2
Did I ever feel old reading the first post in this thread - when I was a kid, there were no microwaves, and popping the popcorn on the stove in a pot was the only way to do it!
<!--quoteo(post=217081:date=May 11 2009, 05:43 AM:name=John R.)-->QUOTE(John R. @ May 11 2009, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->x2<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

x3

The local farmers market has a booth with fresh popped kettlecorn every Saturday. Mmmmm...
I'm a big fan of 10 year old tricolored popcorn that comes in those big aluminum bins. I'm not joking...
[Image: GT_glamour.jpg]
Something about the aging process that does it for you?
I don't get why the popcorn is 10yrs old. Is it "aged" before it's sold, or do you just leave it lying around for 10yrs after buying it, then eat it?

Not a big fan of popcorn because after I have some, I always end up feeling like it's all I've eaten all day...like my whole body is oozing popcorniness. It's prolly just indigestion...
[color="#9ACD32"]Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

[/color]