Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popcorn
Please answer Banana's question.
[url="http://sasasunakku.com"]Sasasunakku[/url]
It's almost been a month...I don't think I'm going to get an answer [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
[color="#9ACD32"]Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

[/color]
Oooh sorry didn't see this thread. It isn't aged when you buy it, rather people tend to just leave it lying around for ten years. There's nothing gourmet about it, its an aquired taste. Just like mustard with chocolate, which i also love.
Ah. Mystery solved (sort of).

Scary to think the stuff doesn't go moldy/rotten, even after 10yrs...or does it? Does the "acquired taste" part mean it actually tastes fermented or something? Is it like the natto of the popcorn world?

As for chocolate and mustard...why this particular combo? How about chocolate and ketchup, or some other condiment?

[/color]
<!--quoteo(post=217121:date=May 11 2009, 05:43 PM:name=hapacheese)-->QUOTE(hapacheese @ May 11 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->x3

The local farmers market has a booth with fresh popped kettlecorn every Saturday. Mmmmm...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Damn.

DAMN! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Seriously, it's fantastic. Only problem is that they give it to you in gigantic bags that would take 3 generations to actually finish.
<!--quoteo(post=217710:date=Jun 9 2009, 08:25 PM:name=hapacheese)-->QUOTE(hapacheese @ Jun 9 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Seriously, it's fantastic. Only problem is that they give it to you in gigantic bags that would take 3 generations to actually finish.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

the more the better when it comes to kettlecorn! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/w00t.gif[/img]
@Cheese-sama: Will this "local" farmers market be local for me too, come July? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/w00t.gif[/img]
Maybe we can share the 3 generations worth of popcorn.
Oh, wait, I don't really like popcorn...but if it's that good, maybe it'll change my mind?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guitar.gif[/img] ONLY A MONTH TO GO, ONLY A MONTH TO GO, ONLY A MONTH TO GO till departure... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/kicking.gif[/img] ...but a HOLY CRAPLOAD of work to do beforehand and the worst possible kind of procratination has been going on for the last 10 days, omg omg omg...freaking out...deep breath...orz

[/color]
<!--quoteo(post=217756:date=Jun 11 2009, 04:23 AM:name=chiquita)-->QUOTE(chiquita @ Jun 11 2009, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->@Cheese-sama: Will this "local" farmers market be local for me too, come July? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/w00t.gif[/img]
Maybe we can share the 3 generations worth of popcorn.
Oh, wait, I don't really like popcorn...but if it's that good, maybe it'll change my mind?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guitar.gif[/img] ONLY A MONTH TO GO, ONLY A MONTH TO GO, ONLY A MONTH TO GO till departure... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/kicking.gif[/img] ...but a HOLY CRAPLOAD of work to do beforehand and the worst possible kind of procratination has been going on for the last 10 days, omg omg omg...freaking out...deep breath...orz<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, it's actually a very small farmer's market, so probably not worth the 30 minutes it would take to get there. There are probably much bigger ones closer to you [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
By the way, has anyone heard of something called Flavacol? Apparently, it makes popcorn really taste like movie theater popcorn. Has anyone tried this?
I'm not a real actor, but I play one on TV.
@Cheese-sama: 30mins sounds really close, by Japanese standards anyway...

That Flavacol stuff looks/sounds evil...but maybe for popcorn fans, it's really good?

[/color]
I used to make massive amounts of the stuff when I was young, working at a movie theater. I got tired of eating it ad did not touch the stuff until ten years after.

I remember making it as a child before there were microwave ovens. It took a little cooking oil and low heat.
Matthew Ota
Nutritional Yeast and salt on popcorn... is cheesy like... yet all B vitamins!!! and then mint tea... I miss little indy theaters.

[color="#dddd00"][center][size="1"][/size] [/center][center][size="1"]"for Zen's belief in Sudden illumination, a fleeting glimpse of existence just as it really is."[/size][/center][/color]