Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do other halvsies aknowledge u by eye contact?
do other halvsies acknowledge u by eye contact?

When u see them at school or work or in public place and u don't know the halvsie , do they give u a stare of acknowledgment because u too are a halvsie and they know it?

yes, as do asians in general... sometimes if i see a hapa and he or she seems interested i'll say hello and ask if he or she is a hapa...
hokubeinews.com/en/columns/Tomi-Talk
i don't look like a typical halvsie or asian, i look jewish/mediterranean/etc so i get know halvsie acks anywhere in the world.
Japanese hockey, Asian sports and whatnot:

[url="http://jhockey.wordpress.com/"]http://jhockey.wordpress.com/[/url]
hahaha..no
[center][Image: Captured%20Videos2-1.jpg]

[color="#8B0000"][size="3"]http://longhairedatheart.blogspot.com/[/size][/color][/center]
I acknowledge other halvsies with a bird call..
I find that eye contact and a quick thrust of the chin upwards does wonders.
Ha that'd be cool, but no...not with me unfortunately.
If and one it does it's usually with other hapa's not just halvsies. Hapa's in general it's possible, I figure it's just so rare for me to find another halvsie that it's uncommon.

<!--quoteo(post=211944:date=Oct 17 2008, 06:59 PM:name=Nez)-->QUOTE(Nez @ Oct 17 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I find that eye contact and a quick thrust of the chin upwards does wonders.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
For some reason I have problems making eye contact with anyone.
Elmo loves everyone.
I wish, everyone thinks I'm white. I wish I had more half friends!
[Image: thShinChangif.gif]

Quote:Capitalization is everything, for example: "Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse." And "helping your uncle jack off a horse."
<!--quoteo(post=213157:date=Dec 5 2008, 12:53 PM:name=Ghetto.Samurai)-->QUOTE(Ghetto.Samurai @ Dec 5 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wish, everyone thinks I'm white. I wish I had more half friends!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You came to the right place. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
I took time off of work and when go back to the job site there was a new guy there. He was half Korean and White American. I knew that people told him about me because he looked at me while I was bs'n with one of the guys.

He always wanted to talk to me and stuff I guess we had stuff in common with art and culture. But I felt weird talking about it just for the sake of talking about it. He didnt grow up with any half koreans so I bet he felt good to share but for me, its something felt.
I don't know any half japanese people irl

can't remember the last time (if ever) i saw one or recognized one in person =/
I can recognize a haafu.. but most haafus dont recoginze me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
Within the last week here at the new office, I've run into 3 other halvsies... all of whom looked at me, raised an eyebrow, and smiled. Seems like there are a lot of us in the office!
Happened to me just a few weeks back. Started the new job, and another driver was looking at me, and when I returned the look, we both said, nearly simultaneously, 'Are you a haafu/hapa?'...turned out he's a haafu from Haleiwa, Hawaii. 1/2 German, 1/2 Japanese.
[color="#0000FF"]Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....or in some cases, post.[/color]
Yeah! they do hahah But, for some reason it's only Asian or other halvsies that recognize. White people never really know what to guess. I've gotten anything from chinese, white, russian, to mexican. o-o
[color="#DDA0DD"]See what we can be if we press fast forward. Just one more round, and you're down, I know it.[/color]
<!--quoteo(post=216269:date=Apr 8 2009, 10:23 PM:name=maeku 476)-->QUOTE(maeku 476 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I can recognize a haafu.. but most haafus dont recoginze me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Same.
[url="http://sasasunakku.com"]Sasasunakku[/url]
Ok. some of these replies are hysterical! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl.gif[/img]

Lets put it this way, I was in an Asian market a couple of weeks ago looking in the rice isle that had all different kinds of rice and reading the nutritional values on brown sweet rice/mochi rice, an Asian woman with her little kid passed me then came back and asked me if I need help, it took me a second to figure out why she was asking me and not my Japanese mother who was also looking at all the different types of rice, she thought I was a confused Caucasian in the rice isle which once I thought about it, I will always appear to be the confused Caucasian in an Asian market. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Most people cannot tell that I am half Japanese if I see someone that I know is mixed I don't really attempt to make eye contact they may think I am a weirdo, I just admire them from a far. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hmmm.gif[/img]
a couple of weeks ago I attended an event and there were many haafus there... we would see each other and kind of nod... it was funny.. I talked to some and asked them to join the FB haafu group of Greece... now we r more than 51 members... plus about 20 more who are not on FB... I think its time I organized a Xmas meet up here...
Back in Sept. when I was in San Diego, one of the VA surf instructors kept staring at me, so we both asked each other about our haafu-ness(?) at about the same instant...
[color="#0000FF"]Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....or in some cases, post.[/color]