Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"ta"
I'm just a girl full of questions, huh.

I've been curious why, "onaka suita?" or "tsukareta?" end in the 'ta' form. It isn't past tense, right? I'm a little confused. and curious. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.gif[/img]

thanks again!
it is past tense

suku = to become empty, so onaka suita = my stomach got empty (literal translation)
tsukareru = to get tired, so tsukareta = i got tired

魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!
Ta? Isn't that what English people say to casually thank someone. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
to be honest, i thought that was what this topic was about until i opened it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush21.gif[/img]
魂の獄に封じられしモノたちが解き放たれた!
lol me too ^

That "ta" is confusing because when saying it i guess it doesnt really sound like past tense...

because the literal translation may be

Onaka suita - my stomach got empty

but what you are really saying is: Im hungry!

this is too hard to explain .. i hope someone that is good at explaining can explain this one! lol

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]
actually... I understand, it's just a different way of looking at it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.gif[/img] It doesn't seem like anything to be concerned about, but when trying to be fluent in a language, I don't think certain phrases should be a mystery to me.

This gave me more insight today! Thank you! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]