All Hāfu Japanese

Full Version: Toronto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I know there aren't many board members who live in Toronto, but post whatever you want about Toronto in this thread.

FYI- www.menupalace.com is giving away $20 gift certificates to go eat at restaurants in Toronto right now. It's legit, so no need to worry about not getting the gift cert.

This site is available for Canada and the US, so maybe the offer is available to the US halvsies too!
toronto is ridiculously hot ... x_x
You know! Thank any and all powers that be for Air Con.
my dad is a d*ps&it and wont let us put on the ac
Will be in Toronto from the 18th to the 23rd with a few buddies of mine..Who wants to partayyyyy!?
we should all meet up for coffee or something [Image: smile.gif]
<!--quoteo(post=156619:date=Jul 20 2006, 03:05 AM:name=Marisuke)-->QUOTE(Marisuke @ Jul 20 2006, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->we should all meet up for coffee or something [Image: smile.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dont think thats Kakkoii's idea of a "party" but please take pics! LOL
aha
i don't think it is too.
<!--quoteo(post=156560:date=Jul 20 2006, 06:26 AM:name=Marisuke)-->QUOTE(Marisuke @ Jul 20 2006, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->my dad is a d*ps&it and wont let us put on the ac<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My dad is the A/C guy. So, it'd be f'ed up if we didn't use Air. Con. Not exactly good advertising, you know?

Kakkoii, 18th-23rd of July? You're already here? I don't think I can make it out this weekend. I have to go to a bunch of weddings, but if you want to know what clubs to go to and stuff, pm me and I'll let you know.

You travel a lot, don't you!

As for partay-ing, for some strange reason, my alcoholism seems to have gone down since I got back to Canada. Damned living with the parents.... [Image: laughlong.gif]
In all honesty, I haven't been on here much 'cause I can't get used to this new design. I must be st00pid [Image: crazy.gif]

Um.. Just in general.. you can save a lot of money in Toronto on my favorite saving money website : www.redflagdeals.com

It's damn Hot ... but it rained today so I'm happy [Image: smile.gif]
Hey, do you guys know of any Japanese restaurants actually owned and run by Japanese people in Toronto?

The ones I find are always Chinese/Korean owned. I definitely wouldn't call it authentic cuisine. Looking for one where the sashimi won't make me [Image: yuk.gif]
Takesushi Restaurant
416-862-1891
22 Front Street West,
Toronto, ON M5J 1C4
☆ダウンタウン☆

Sushiman Japanese Restaurant
416-362-8793
20 Richmond Street East,
Toronto, ON M5C 2R9
☆ダウンタウン☆

Ichi Riki Restaurant
416-923-2997
120 Bloor Street East,
Toronto, ON M4W 1B7
☆ダウンタウン☆
I wrote this list for someone else who was looking.
I recommend them all.

Tokyo Grill⇒メチャ②安いデス~!!
416-968-7054
582 Yonge Street,
Toronto, ON M4Y 1Z3
☆ダウンタウン☆

Mikado Japanese Restaurant
416-421-6016
114 Laird Drive,
East York, ON M4G 3V3
☆アップタウン☆

Katsura Japanese Restaurant Westin Prince Toronto
↑
テッパン焼きもありカナディアンの友達も大好きです。
416-444-2511
900 York Mills Road,
North York, ON M3B 3H2
☆アップタウン☆
<!--quoteo(post=156667:date=Jul 20 2006, 01:46 PM:name=Michelle)-->QUOTE(Michelle @ Jul 20 2006, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My dad is the A/C guy. So, it'd be f'ed up if we didn't use Air. Con. Not exactly good advertising, you know?

Kakkoii, 18th-23rd of July? You're already here? I don't think I can make it out this weekend. I have to go to a bunch of weddings, but if you want to know what clubs to go to and stuff, pm me and I'll let you know.

You travel a lot, don't you!

As for partay-ing, for some strange reason, my alcoholism seems to have gone down since I got back to Canada. Damned living with the parents.... [Image: laughlong.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No No, I will be there on those dates in "August"..
we should do dinner or something
Sounds good! I have another 2 weddings that weekend, so the 18th, 19th and 20th are out for me. If you guys still have time for the other days, I'm in.
I am travelling with 3 other people so perhaps a meet up at a bar one of the nights is cool..let me know
Sounds good too. What are you coming over for? Any specific reason? Unfortunately, you'll have JUST missed Carribana...or however you spell it. [Image: biggrin.gif]
Our main reason to visit Toronto and Montreal (heading there after) is basically to see the sights and party and of course shopping. Vancouver's nightlife is subpar when compared to either of those two cities and its always nice to get a change of scenery [Image: wink2.gif]

I am not all that disappointed about missing carribana..from what I was told by a buddy who lives in T.O, its not exactly what its all hyped up to be.

Speaking of which - on a saturday night, where would one recommend to go for a good house music night or even hip hop?
Mink is pretty hot. They have 2 rooms and a rooftop patio, so they play different types of music in each. Get there EARLY though. I got there at 10:45, and they stopped letting people in. More of a Gino crowd.

http://www.minknightclub.com/

Up Lounge is more casual. They play a bit of hip-hop and a mix of stuff.

Inside is always good. One floor plays hip-hop, the other plays house. It's more of an Asian crowd.

http://www.clubzone.com/c/Toronto/Nightclub/Inside.html

The Docks is like this giant warehouse with a big outdoor patio. They play top- 40/ hip-hop. It's nice if you wanna stay on the patio. The crowd is a bit younger here. About university age.

http://www.thedocks.com/

Guvernment is also a big warehouse. I think they're good for house. There's a little club on the second story that's kind of attached to it that plays hip-hop. I forget what it's called. But the beautiful people hang out on the rooftop patio. [Image: inlove.gif]

http://www.clubzone.com/c/Toronto/Nightc...nment.html

There's this new place called Republik. I haven't been there (because it opened while I was in Japan), but it's been getting good reviews.

If you haven't been clubbing in Toronto or Montreal before, I think you'll probably have more fun in Montreal. Toronto is pretty stuck up. But I can't complain, I guess, because I'm one of those people. haha
<!--quoteo(post=156814:date=Jul 22 2006, 07:57 AM:name=Kakoii)-->QUOTE(Kakoii @ Jul 22 2006, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Our main reason to visit Toronto and Montreal (heading there after) is basically to see the sights and party and of course shopping. Vancouver's nightlife is subpar when compared to either of those two cities and its always nice to get a change of scenery [Image: wink2.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Give an update when you reach Montreal, I don:t know is there any other halvsies there but but maybe we can do something. One of my friends just moved in next to St-Laurent street so if we stay up late we can crash there.
Pages: 1 2