All Hāfu Japanese

Full Version: Traveling to Japan this summer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Japan this summer. The thing is, I've heard some things have changed and security has gotten tight. What all do I need to do/know?

Also, I am planning on bringing my son for his first visit to Japan. He is only 8 months old, do I still need a passport for him? If so, what will that be like? The same for an adult, or...

Wll, thats about it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] jya ne.
Ohhh have fun! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

For your son: they usually add a child to either the mother's or the father's passport when they are little.
Are you a US passport holder?
If so, customs will take your fingerprints... that's about it.
You don't have to apply for a visa to enter the country or anything.

I'm not sure about the question about your son.
<!--quoteo(post=205976:date=Apr 1 2008, 06:11 PM:name=aya)-->QUOTE(aya @ Apr 1 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hello everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Japan this summer. The thing is, I've heard some things have changed and security has gotten tight. What all do I need to do/know?

Also, I am planning on bringing my son for his first visit to Japan. He is only 8 months old, do I still need a passport for him? If so, what will that be like? The same for an adult, or...

Wll, thats about it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] jya ne.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
as Marisuke said, in your case, if u have an american passport, u will need to wait to have your fingertips and digital photo taken on the spot at the airport... for your son I am not sure.. its best that u contact your local Japanese Consulate for such details
ok, thanks everybody [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
i have a document on the new regulations on entering japan,.. if u send me a pm with your email, ill mail it to u