All Hāfu Japanese

Full Version: 5.2 the big one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night a "massive" earthquake struck the UK.... chimney pots were shaken across the UK.
I woke up - realised straight away it was an earthquake but wasn't worried in the slightest! even though it was my first one. I guess you probably felt it slightly more than me, being in Yorkshire.
<!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->Hmmmmm, "mildly aroused", interesting choice, that.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
Woke up, briefly wondered whether it was the house being blown over due to strong winds (60 mph), then realised it was an earthquake but wasn't too worried (experienced much worse in Japan and even a big one in Belgium many years ago), but was still half asleep, so was snoring again within minutes.
More gale force winds expected for this weekend though.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=202734:date=Feb 27 2008, 04:06 PM:name=73bonneville)-->QUOTE(73bonneville @ Feb 27 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->Hmmmmm, "mildly aroused", interesting choice, that.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I thought that too !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/giggle2.gif[/img]
.....Did the earth for you? Or was it just me?

QUOTE(73bonneville @ Feb 27 2008, 04:06 PM)
Hmmmmm, "mildly aroused", interesting choice, that..... unsure.

Sounds like less an earthquake than something else...exactly <i>what </i>else, I haven't a clue! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
It's so funny. When you grow up in earthquake prone areas like Japan or California, you tend to forget that the rest of the world isn't used to it the way you are.
I remember when we had -what in my opinion was a tiny- earthquake a couple of years ago here. Everyone made a big deal about it and talked about how they threw on their coats and ran out into the streets and I was there thinking "you silly fools! Don't you know that rule number one during an earthquake is to NOT go running outside???" But then I remembered that people here don't have 'earthquake training' the way I did in Japan and so their reaction was only natural.
<!--quoteo(post=202746:date=Feb 27 2008, 10:30 AM:name=Global Nomad)-->QUOTE(Global Nomad @ Feb 27 2008, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's so funny. When you grow up in earthquake prone areas like Japan or California, you tend to forget that the rest of the world isn't used to it the way you are.
I remember when we had -what in my opinion was a tiny- earthquake a couple of years ago here. Everyone made a big deal about it and talked about how they threw on their coats and ran out into the streets and I was there thinking "you silly fools! Don't you know that rule number one during an earthquake is to NOT go running outside???" But then I remembered that people here don't have 'earthquake training' the way I did in Japan and so their reaction was only natural.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hey GN, maybe if they run outside, some of 'em will be bus/taxi drivers/bank employees, and there would be a 'culling of the herd' of the people who seem to go out on strike every couple hours!!