All Hāfu Japanese

Full Version: Milan, Rome.. Italia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<!--coloro:#008000--><!--/coloro-->Guys.. I have been considering a long weekend to either Rome or Milano... I have been to Rome before so I was thinking maybe Milano...<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#708090--><!--/coloro-->
Any tips? sightseeing? hotel spots? spots?<!--colorc-->

<!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro-->
I can not afford sth expensive [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush21.gif[/img] trattorias?!!!

And yes.. I wish I make it to Milan and meet GN for at least a coffee.... <!--colorc-->

<!--/colorc-->

btw.. my letter color is an imitation of the Italian flag [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
OK, here are some tips if you're thinking of visiting Milan:

1. Fuck hotels, you're welcome to stay at my place! Unfortunately though with 2 dogs, my place is a zoo and the living room kind of stinks of cigarettes... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush21.gif[/img]

2. Milan's a pretty ugly city without that many tourist attractions, but it does have the Duomo, La Scala and Da Vinci's Last Supper and a couple of interesting areas to walk around in, but most of all, it's excellent for shopping! There's Via Monte Napoleone where all the designer boutiques are, but the best thing is that you can find really nice things even if you have a very small budget.
oh thank GN for the offer but I am coming (if I ll manage to organize it) with my bf (yes.. we got back together..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush21.gif[/img] ) for his birthday and our anniversary...

No problem. If you want to save money on hotels, the offer stands whether you come on your own or with your boyfriend. I can host up to 2 people. The only problem is that if you don't want to sleep separately, you'll either have to cram yourselves into a single bed in a private room, or share a slightly wider sofa bed in the living room. Whatever you decide to do, we'll definitely have to meet if you decide to come!
maeku, why Milan? do you want to go shopping?
As Global Nomad said, there aren't that many things to see in Milan. The Duomo is absolutely beautiful, although they are still fixing part of the front of it (the work on the front has been going on for like 4 years now!).
If you want to see the Last Supper you do need to book ahead of time, almost a month ahead or so if you want to go on a weekend. Some parts of the city are not bad but it's definitely not as beautiful as many other Italian cities.
but I guess I'm biased, I lived there 17 years of my life so can't see much beauty in it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

if you do want some restaurant tips and such let me know though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]