All Hāfu Japanese

Full Version: Odaiba, Tokyo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone

What do you think of Odaiba? Is it worth going out there? My family is going to be in Tokyo for 3 days, and my boyfriend wants to go but I think that there might be more interesting places to go that are also closer to other things of interest.
The Oedo Onsen can be fun (and you can walk around the shopping malls and miniature statue of liberty and whatnot too):
http://www.ooedo-global.jp/english/index.html

That's if you're not hitting any real onsens outside Tokyo that is...
<!--quoteo(post=199757:date=Dec 28 2007, 08:08 PM:name=number9)-->QUOTE(number9 @ Dec 28 2007, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Oedo Onsen can be fun (and you can walk around the shopping malls and miniature statue of liberty and whatnot too):
http://www.ooedo-global.jp/english/index.html

That's if you're not hitting any real onsens outside Tokyo that is...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
ditto...

It depends how much time u ll have... I like the yurikamome train ride a lot so I like Odaiba for that extra reason... but there are much nicer places in TOkyo...
Oedo Onsen is fun, but at least for gaijin guys, don't try to stay the night. They don't have proper beds, per se, but they have recliners that you can sleep on. Problem is that 1) they keep that room waaay too warm, 2) the recliners are Japanese sized, so it's nearly impossible to get comfortable on them (the foot rest only came down to just below my knees, so the lower halves of my legs were just dangling), and 3) half of the salarymen sleeping in there snore. very. loudly. I got all of 30 minutes of sleep when I tried that.

But, running around in a yukata drinking beer, eating yakisoba, and then going outside to wade in the wading pools is fun with a group. Other than that, though, I haven't really found much to do in Odaiba... other than the Sega Joypolis! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink2.gif[/img]
HAHAHA Nice. Talked to the boyfriend. He's not too enthused to be hanging out naked with my dad and other random Japanese men. So if that's really all that's worthwhile to see there, I might skip it.

My friend told me that it's all dreamy eyed couples there. Buddy said that his current girlfriend was so happy to have a boyfriend, just so that she could finally go to Odaiba. HAHAHA, I should think that there are nicer places for new couples to hang out at besides a transformed landfill.

Such a great euphemism.

Reclaimed Land = Former Garbage Dump