Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dusseldorf & Cologne
Guys, I m going to Dusseldorf and Cologne in the end of September... 24-29 actually.... Does anyone have tips on sightseeing, restaurnats or whatever? Japanese super market?!!!!!!

is any german Halvsie located there?....
in Dusseldorf there is a road, which is like a mini japan!
Japanese bakeries, book shops, food shops, restaurants (i remember going to a ramen restaurant!)... the bakeries are just like japan.. oishiiiiiiii!

I used to go there on a business trip once a month and look forward to going to that road! I will find out the name of it and post it.. I know it began with O...
O.<something>..strasse

Ostenstrasse? hmmm cant remember.. will mail my friend who lives there and ask!

Are you going on a business trip on your own? I can maybe put you in touch with some japanese friends who live there?
Yeah, the Japanische Viertel in Dusseldorf is nice. Cologne has a cathedral I think.
Shopping in Dusseldorf is not bad either.
I
<!--quoteo(post=190181:date=Aug 10 2007, 12:42 AM:name=Hanako)-->QUOTE(Hanako @ Aug 10 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cologne has a cathedral I think.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
yes, a humungous one!
^ with lots of stairs to climb!

They have a wicked poster there which I wish I had bought now... look out for it and take a pic of it for me pls!! he he
Its a picture of the cathedral but all done in music notes, so from far away you cant tell.. just looks like a pic but close up, its just a sheet of music! very cool!

there is a cool flower shop in the station exit too!! :-)
ok i was completly wrong.. its Immermannstr (Immermann Strasse)

Thats where all the Japanese shops and stuff are. Find Hotel Nikko (Japanese hotel) and you will know you are there!
When I stayed a a hotel nearby, they had an option of Nato, miso soup and Rice for breakfast!

just found this too...

http://destinationsflybe.com/pdf/dusseld..._guide.pdf

I used to stay around Aldstadt. Lots of pubs/clubs around that area, so quite noisy! but some cool places! Also the shopping around there is pretty good! Be warned!!!! he he he
Wow!! thank u people!!!!
I am going on business so my day will pretty much be full. its a small Greek Mission but I get to chose the restaurants [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
I was hoping for the mini-Japan thing.. I think that my shopping wil be entirely there.. and mayhbe some Boss brand things for P [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/inlove.gif[/img]

i AM REALLY looking forward.. I have only been to Germany twice on holidays and I really loved it.... too bad no halvsie there.....

Steph thank you for thew proposal.. I d be too embarassed to meet them... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush21.gif[/img]
hey!
i live near clogne... well, 2 hours away...
but i don't think you'de be that interested in meeting me, i'm 17 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush21.gif[/img]
i also live 2 hours away, but i'm 99. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
u r both silly!@!! of course Id love to meet both of u!!! Caddie would u really trouble to come all the way from Err.... Beligum?... its Beligum where u r right?
and Akina?... wouldnt OYU be bored of a 31 year old?!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] where do u live?
i live about 30 minutes away from heidelberg and one hour away from frankfurt
i wouldn't be bored, i guess i'd be a bit shy. i was taught respect for older people [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
ohh I know a reeeeally nice italian restaurant in Dusseldorf. Used to go there for lunch sometimes as it was round the corner from my office over there. was sooooooo nice. Im sure it would be nice for dinner too!

Yet again, i cant remember where it is, so i will find out... !!!

oooh i know its by Prinzenalle (a road name!) ha ha as if that helps..
hey, hop on a train to Basel!!
@Akina [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] ..... I can be 17 years old!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/w00t.gif[/img] In fact.. my social behaviour represents some of 7 years of age [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

@Steph!!! i LVOE IT HOW U HAVE TIPS.. SERIOUSLY i AM ALL INTO THE guIDE BOOK MAP SEARCHING !!!

@Swiss Miss... How bar is it?!!!!! I only have afternoons free....
Basel is pretty far from D'dorf, unfortunately [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] You guys should meet at a point midway like Stuttgart or Heidelberg which are both nice towns.
Stuggytown! Was geht up, was geht DOWN!?
[url="http://sasasunakku.com"]Sasasunakku[/url]
<!--quoteo(post=190424:date=Aug 15 2007, 05:45 AM:name=sasa)-->QUOTE(sasa @ Aug 15 2007, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Stuggytown!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
haha! STUGGYTOWN! Sounds likes a place in Kiwi/Aussieland.

<!--quoteo(post=190424:date=Aug 15 2007, 05:45 AM:name=sasa)-->QUOTE(sasa @ Aug 15 2007, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Was geht up, was geht DOWN!?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] ich vestehe dir gar nicht, maeuschen.