Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea
North Korea has claimed to have successfully tested a nuclear device but no radiation hasn't been detected yet. What do you think will happen? I hope this will not be solved with a war and I also hope the problem will be solved before they'll have the nuclear weapons ready to use.
Good boys goes to Heaven.

Bad boys goes to Lapland.
<!--quoteo(post=161490:date=Oct 10 2006, 08:13 AM:name=Yojimbo)-->QUOTE(Yojimbo @ Oct 10 2006, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->North Korea has claimed to have successfully tested a nuclear device but no radiation hasn't been detected yet. What do you think will happen? I hope this will not be solved with a war and I also hope the problem will be solved before they'll have the nuclear weapons ready to use.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Looks like heavy sanctions will be laid down on 'em....to start. No N. Korean ships being able to dock anywhere outside of N. Korea...that's a good start.

Looks like the big boys (China, USA, Japan, S. Korea) are taking a vocal stand against them. Perhaps they'll back down.
Webfoo

-------------

Because in every city, there's foo's to pity. - Mr. T
Way to test Abe's mettle.
Japanese hockey, Asian sports and whatnot:

[url="http://jhockey.wordpress.com/"]http://jhockey.wordpress.com/[/url]
Don't know if sanctions would mean much.. Aren't they already starving to death by the millions?

I just think Kim Jong Il is trying to ensure that George W. doesn't get any bright ideas about "liberating" N.Korea.

On a side note, I read in Metro today that Kim Jong Il shot eleven hole-in-ones the first time he played golf. And he writes musicals, that dude is amazing.
<!--quoteo(post=161501:date=Oct 10 2006, 05:53 PM:name=Tadashi)-->QUOTE(Tadashi @ Oct 10 2006, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't know if sanctions would mean much.. Aren't they already starving to death by the millions?

I just think Kim Jong Il is trying to ensure that George W. doesn't get any bright ideas about "liberating" N.Korea.

On a side note, I read in Metro today that Kim Jong Il shot eleven hole-in-ones the first time he played golf. And he writes musicals, that dude is amazing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, it's quite unbelievable that the people of North Korea are living in poverty and they are starving and at the same time government is pouring money to arming them up to their teeth.

Apparently the jury's still out.... was it nuclear?

The British mining of German trenches in WW1 at Messines probably created a bigger seismic shock...
Well, I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about the US doing anything. The US only goes after imagined threats. Now that N Korea has made their nuclear threat a reality, the Bush administration will ignore it like it ignores most things in reality.
"Soccer is crystal meth. It's very addictive, but really messes up your teeth. I guess I've never viewed soccer as some sort of controlled substance. To me, it's probably more like Nutella. The rest of the world clearly loves it and puts it on almost everything, but here in America we're like, "I don't know, man, it tastes like almonds." -- Jon Stewart
The U.S has nothing to gain from an invasion of North Korea.If anything, it stands to lose credibility in the East Asian sphere if such an act were to occur.

Just finished reading about the recent "test". As Greenhorn mentioned, the jury is still out on this matter. Some experts say the detonation wasn't successful and that only a partial explosion was triggered. Others claim that they didn't use a large amount of plutonium, therefore not triggering a huge explosion.(Perhaps they didn't wanna use up their limited stocks of missile grade plutonium)

The shroud of secrecy that surrounds North Korea makes it hard for the rest of the world to know exactly what happened.
Oh Snap!
The next step is whether or not N Korea can get nuclear warheads sorted out.

I do feel rather anxious about all this. [Image: sad.gif]
I hear he's quite the playa...if thats the sort of dude north korean chics go for then I'm glad I have such "bad" taste

[Image: cool.gif]

As usual, that was my usual [Image: blink.gif] input. You may carry on [Image: bye.gif]

[Image: giggle2.gif]
I'm only here for this moment

Jeff Buckley - Everybody here wants you lyrics
I read in Mainichi that a government scientist (Jp) said they could rustle up summat more impressive by the weekend..
As to the "success" of the test, who can say at this point whether it really was? I highly doubt North Korea would have announced to the world, especially after all the controversy it created, "Sorry, false alarm! This one was a dud, but we'll keep working on it." [Image: doofywave.gif]

I am a little worried about where this issue is going to end up because it strikes me as a contest of who's balls are bigger, and stupid male pride almost always leads to thoughtless action, which leads to people suffering. But I'm not yet worried about this particular test.
"Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and be saved." -- Medieval German saying
I know that there are alot of people who disagree with G.W. ... however, I look at each action independently.
Yes I'm against the U.S. troops being in Iraq until 2010. However... I actually admire this stance I have heard repeatedly this evening; http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061012/ap_on_.../koreas_nuclear

Any comments?
[color="#dddd00"][center][size="1"][/size] [/center][center][size="1"]"for Zen's belief in Sudden illumination, a fleeting glimpse of existence just as it really is."[/size][/center][/color]
Tadashi, your avatar from <i>Team America: World Police</i> reminds me of the scene in the movie where Wolf Blitzer threatens Kim Jong Il with a "very angry letter telling you how angry we are". [Image: laugh.gif]

Did you hear that a South Korean Ban Ki-Moon will be the next secretary general of the United Nations?

[Image: 200610140002_01.jpg]
Ban Ki-Moon
<!--quoteo(post=161746:date=Oct 13 2006, 10:39 PM:name=Nez)-->QUOTE(Nez @ Oct 13 2006, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tadashi, your avatar from <i>Team America: World Police</i> reminds me of the scene in the movie where Wolf Blitzer threatens Kim Jong Il with a "very angry letter telling you how angry we are". [Image: laugh.gif]

Did you hear that a South Korean Ban Ki-Moon will be the next secretary general of the United Nations?

[Image: 200610140002_01.jpg]
Ban Ki-Moon<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi... I think that sometime @ the Iran Contra scandal
wwiii was already discussed; and putting this guy in as a key player and others in the appropriate positions to meet their 2010 deadline is part of what is going on. war creates money...a butt load of money for an elite few. I doubt that the public is going to be too happy with any choice unless they want to go to war. It seems to be encouraged on all fronts. It also is largely controlled by an older generation that has not had the fortune of growing up like most of us from the ex- gen X had. They probably feel that they are passing on some sort of legacy to the world's nations...to appreciate their rich cultural heritage. I personally; think they're all NUTZ!.
[color="#dddd00"][center][size="1"][/size] [/center][center][size="1"]"for Zen's belief in Sudden illumination, a fleeting glimpse of existence just as it really is."[/size][/center][/color]
Im so ronery..poor rittle me

I just say a little bit so my bloodpressure doesnt get too high:

NK = Just another reason to get out of the military.. [Image: dry.gif]
[center][Image: Captured%20Videos2-1.jpg]

[color="#8B0000"][size="3"]http://longhairedatheart.blogspot.com/[/size][/color][/center]
<!--quoteo(post=161752:date=Oct 13 2006, 11:50 PM:name=Emichiee136)-->QUOTE(Emichiee136 @ Oct 13 2006, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Im so ronery..poor rittle me

I just say a little bit so my bloodpressure doesnt get too high:

NK = Just another reason to get out of the military.. [Image: dry.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I hope your bloodpressure goes back to normal soon Emichee. Hopefully these war rallies won't turn into anything more than a fizzle in public sentiment among nations. I don't like seeing people being riled up and starting to rally for war. (closest match to what I am thinking this link...is)

def. rally from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rally
  • <!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo--><b>2. </b> To join in an effort for a common cause: "In the terror and confusion of change, society rallied round the kings" <!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->Garrett Mattingly. <!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Try not to let the leaders lead. And definately, get out of the military... [Image: ohmy.gif]
I guess it's lots of worries for Asia. Quite a distabiliser to do such a thing. Us and the UN haven't done much except express their disapproval so far. The only country that has any weight with North Korea is China. They are the only ally that they have left. I hope nothing bad will happen out of this and that the situation will be somehow diffused.
[url="http://www.blankd.com"]www.blankd.com[/url]
Yeah, this whole thing worries me also a bit. Just heard that the the bomb is now confirmed to be a nuclear bomb. Now they have something that really gathers attention and if that's what they've wanted that's what they got but why?

<!--quoteo(post=161746:date=Oct 14 2006, 04:39 AM:name=Nez)-->QUOTE(Nez @ Oct 14 2006, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Tadashi, your avatar from <i>Team America: World Police</i> reminds me of the scene in the movie where Wolf Blitzer threatens Kim Jong Il with a "very angry letter telling you how angry we are". [Image: laugh.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[Image: laughlong.gif] That movie is so funny!! I love how bitchy the Kim Jong Il character is.