Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beauty all down to those sex hormones
According to a recent study, women that have the highest oestrogen levels are perceived to be more attractive, fertile and healthy.

Take a look at the picture below.

[Image: dn8251-1_250.jpg]

Which one do you think has the higher oestrogen level?

The answer is the one on the left.

Something to think about. [Image: perv.gif]

Source: New Scientist
Source2: Perception Lab (cool link)
hmm interesting. oestrogen shots might be the next big thing, huh... [Image: blink.gif]

the pic on the left <i>does</i> look cuter too..
[center]captured in this light

beauty will survive[/center]
I dont give a damn about how much oestrogen this chic's got!!!!

I wanna know about mine! [Image: tongue.gif]

how about men? what do they have that makes them seem more attractive? besides being greek ofcourse [Image: laughlong.gif]

I make myself laugh but I know I'm just making the biggest ASS out of myself [Image: laugh.gif]
I'm only here for this moment

Jeff Buckley - Everybody here wants you lyrics
<!--quoteo(post=126290:date=Nov 17 2005, 12:20 PM:name=Nez)-->QUOTE(Nez @ Nov 17 2005, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->According to a recent study, women that have the highest oestrogen levels are perceived to be more attractive, fertile and healthy.

Take a look at the picture below.

[Image: dn8251-1_250.jpg]

Something to think about. [Image: perv.gif]

Source: New Scientist
Source2: Perception Lab (cool link)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does this mean that on a day when I look like crap, I'm less fertile?
does this mean I'm infertile?! [Image: ohmy.gif]
Like most things of this sort, it makes obvious, simple sense from an evolutionary perspective. Males who just happen to be attracted to the look of females with high estrogen levels will mate with them and have more offspring than those who are attracted to low-estrogen females. The offspring of the former will inherit the preference, and eventually most of the population will have that preference.
I shall serve no fries before their time.
I wonder what'll happen to the world gene pool now that certain attractive traits in women that were caused by such things as higher estrogen levels are now being "mimicked" by surgical procedures or other medical intervention (plastic surgery, implants, estrogen therapy, etc.)

Also, people that wouldn't have normally lived to reproductive age or been less likely to attract a mate because of health reasons are now able to because of advancements in medical technology. As harsh as it may sound, that has to be affecting the gene pool in some way... [Image: eh.gif]
<!--quoteo(post=126304:date=Nov 17 2005, 06:35 AM:name=ucantbmyaddiction)-->QUOTE(ucantbmyaddiction @ Nov 17 2005, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->how about men? what do they have that makes them seem more attractive? besides being greek ofcourse [Image: laughlong.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

More money, of course. [Image: tongue.gif]
"Soccer is crystal meth. It's very addictive, but really messes up your teeth. I guess I've never viewed soccer as some sort of controlled substance. To me, it's probably more like Nutella. The rest of the world clearly loves it and puts it on almost everything, but here in America we're like, "I don't know, man, it tastes like almonds." -- Jon Stewart
I am attracted to boobies.
[Image: japan2dx.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=126433:date=Nov 17 2005, 08:35 PM:name=Geoff)-->QUOTE(Geoff @ Nov 17 2005, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I am attracted to boobies.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

man boobs?
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it was obvious what kind of boobies I was talking about, being that my name is Geoff, a name rarely given to women. And, yes, one might ask, well, maybe your gay, but considering that a vast majority of the population is heterosexual, wouldn't it be a safer, more probable guess to assume that I were in fact heterosexual. And let's remember that the discussion here concerns hormone levels relative to attractiveness in the human female. So, given all these things, well, you're right, I was talking about man-boobs -- big, sweaty, hairy man-boobies.
OK, who thinks Geoff is gay?

[Image: hiya.gif]
Make every moment count!
OPPRESSION OF THE MINORITY! OPPRESSION OF THE MINORITY!
yeahh stand up for your rights dnd!! [Image: clap.gif]
[center]captured in this light

beauty will survive[/center]
I also like vagina -- hairy, sweaty vagina. There, make that sound gay.
more denial [Image: rolleyes.gif]
Make every moment count!
<!--quoteo(post=126451:date=Nov 17 2005, 10:08 PM:name=Geoff)-->QUOTE(Geoff @ Nov 17 2005, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I also like vagina -- hairy, sweaty vagina. There, make that sound gay.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[Image: thetuck2mp.jpg]

hairy, sweaty man-vagina.
<!--quoteo(post=126435:date=Nov 17 2005, 04:38 PM:name=shimura-ken)-->QUOTE(shimura-ken @ Nov 17 2005, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->man boobs?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hilarious, as usual [Image: cool.gif]
[color="blue"]Better living with chemistry [/color]

[color="green"]

Just when you thought that unsightly pasta stains had no champion, and you were comfortable in a world where mayonnaise didn't fight back, comes a creature made entirely of the stuff that bursts out of mashed caterpillars. These are the rock stars of downtrodden gravy stains and greasy splotches everywhere: a large, intelligent cube of glop that can chase you down and digest you before you've accepted you're being beaten up by an overachieving dessert.
[/color]

[Image: creature_gelcube.jpg]
[Image: crazy.gif] Wooooaaah

Warning PLEASE! [Image: blink.gif]
Make every moment count!
<!--quoteo(post=126290:date=Nov 17 2005, 02:20 AM:name=Nez)-->QUOTE(Nez @ Nov 17 2005, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[Image: dn8251-1_250.jpg]

Something to think about. [Image: perv.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[Image: waaas.gif] [Image: ohmy.gif]

In fact - something to think about *EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK*
[color="blue"]Better living with chemistry [/color]

[color="green"]

Just when you thought that unsightly pasta stains had no champion, and you were comfortable in a world where mayonnaise didn't fight back, comes a creature made entirely of the stuff that bursts out of mashed caterpillars. These are the rock stars of downtrodden gravy stains and greasy splotches everywhere: a large, intelligent cube of glop that can chase you down and digest you before you've accepted you're being beaten up by an overachieving dessert.
[/color]

[Image: creature_gelcube.jpg]