Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are halvsies arrogant?
[quote name='heynow' timestamp='1333437048' post='231454']

Just to clear things up, I think it's just a matter of the person in question like all other things pertaining to personality.

So my answer to this theads question is a definite no. Halvsies are no more or less arrogant than the general population.

[/quote]

I dunno. I know people that are intellectually arrogant, but to me that is far less of a turn off than someone who has been told they're 'exotic' or 'pretty' by non-Japanese and Japanese alike. I can honestly say that there are very few halvies I find attractive, so I guess I find it amusing that those that think they're good-looking aren't very good looking to my eyes
well i for one think you look kinda hot, shimura-ken.
"I thought i was done for, trampled in the snow. Suddenly i felt her hand on my shoulder. The warmth returned to my bones, and together we repelled the beasts."

--Legends of the North
[quote name='heynow' timestamp='1333492257' post='231458']

well i for one think you look kinda hot, shimura-ken.

[/quote]

ok, that was creepy
SInce I am well past 50 I can be whatever I want. I can be arrogant around stupid ignorant people. I can also be crabby and curmudgeon-like too around younger people who have no manners or no respect for elders.
Matthew Ota
Actually, after thinking about this for a while, i think our dual heritages makes us less arrogant in nature and more tolerant of "colorful" things. This because of the (sometimes) stressful nature 'tis originating from mixed races.

Just remember as a kid, as you were singled out because of your looks, or how you felt different. All these events come to form a mind in a certain way.

As such, you grow to accept things for what they are and not how you want it to be for your own selfish reasons.

But what "is" arrogance anyways. Is it no different than tolerance? Is it ingrained in the very essence of your soul?

Over the years I've come to realize something. It doesn't really matter who you are to begin with. It's the path you walk in life that counts.
"I thought i was done for, trampled in the snow. Suddenly i felt her hand on my shoulder. The warmth returned to my bones, and together we repelled the beasts."

--Legends of the North