Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football
Did anyone watch the Man.Utd's game? Wayne Rooney's debut was amazing. Three goals in his first

champion's league match!
Good boys goes to Heaven.

Bad boys goes to Lapland.
Hey! We HAVE to call this football!! [Image: evil.gif]

Rooney scores hat trick in debut! Amazing [Image: w00t.gif]
Make every moment count!
<!--QuoteBegin-danielyuki+Sep 28 2004, 09:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (danielyuki @ Sep 28 2004, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey! We HAVE to call this football!! [Image: evil.gif]

Rooney scores hat trick in debut! Amazing [Image: w00t.gif] <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

<!--QuoteEEnd-->
I changed the topic name. Are you happy now?

Thank

you [Image: smile.gif]

Honestly I wasn't being that

serious [Image: whistling.gif]
Make every moment count!
<!--QuoteBegin-danielyuki+Sep 28 2004, 10:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (danielyuki @ Sep 28 2004, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Thank you [Image: smile.gif]

Honestly I wasn't being that serious [Image: whistling.gif] <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

<!--QuoteEEnd-->
I understood. [Image: wink2.gif] I really was going to write football in the first place but then I got into

second thoughts because most of the halvsies here are from the US.

<!--QuoteBegin-Yojimbo+Sep 28 2004, 09:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Yojimbo @ Sep 28 2004, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Did anyone watch the Man.Utd's game? Wayne Rooney's debut was amazing.

Three goals in his first champion's league match! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div

class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
holy shit, what a debut! seriously...are you kidding me? now if

ruud or saha could only stay healthy...
gotta give it up for henry, though. and pires. and viera. and

ljungberg. they're just too stacked.
as is chelsea. lampard's runnin shit. drogba looks the most

dangerous of any forward i've seen so far. robben is tight, and if kezman ever gets his stuff back,

they'll be as tough as manu and arsenal.
yes, i love the epl.

man, we should've started a

halvsie fantasy league...
Damn! Arsenal were held to a 1-1 draw by Rosenburg (who?). [Image: wakaranai.gif]
They're still on top of their group though.

Davide, Juve are

doing OK ne? [Image: wink2.gif]

I get the feeling this discussion

isn't going to be very popular, what with the lack of halvsie people sympathetic to "football"

[Image: ph34r.gif]
Make every moment count!
Have

you guys been watching the UEFA Champions League games? Which team are you supporting? Because there aren't

any Finnish teams in the League I've been mainly enjoying watching high-level football. Well If I have to

choose a team it would be Liverpool because Sami Hyypiä, Finnish player, plays there. [Image: smile.gif]

Rooney's debut hat trick was pretty impressive.

I'm glad that the Italian teams are doing pretty

well with all teams with the exception of Roma coming out with two wins out of two.

I think Chelsea and

Arsenal will go quite far, but hope that Juve wins this year to recover from a disappointing season last year

and coming so close to winning it two years ago.
aww yeah,

here's to the old as well as the new! you guys hear about shearer's ucl hattrick? got him on the

fantasy squad, so i hope he can do the same against birmingham this weekend.
Err

Shearer is still alive? [Image: laughlong.gif]
Make every moment count!
Japan

got wupped by Korea last night in the World Youth (?) Championship!

1-1 after full time
2-2 after

extra time, Japan scoring twice to stay in the game.
then 3-1 in penalties ("the Japanese Prodigy"

Hirayama failed to score!)

I only watched the match for ninety minutes, Japan were crap and they were

lucky to get the first equaliser in the dying moments of regular time. Korea's first goal a beauty, one guy

laid it off and a streaking player dashed into the box and wrong footed the goalie with the outside of his

foot! Korea truly outclassed Japan!

We need more English blokes here! Nobody appreciates

football... [Image: sad.gif]
Make every moment count!
World

Cup! Plus if you're from the States there's too many sports as it is...

But speaking of

footy, did Michael Owen sign w/ Real yet?
"I fought Sugar Ray (Robinson) so many times, it's a wonder I don't have diabetes" -- Jake LaMotta

[Image: bybyetn.jpg]
<!--QuoteBegin-bd_sports+Oct 6 2004, 03:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (bd_sports @ Oct 6 2004, 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td

id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> World Cup! Plus if you're from the States there's too many sports

as it is...

But speaking of footy, did Michael Owen sign w/ Real yet? <!--QuoteEnd-->

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
shup, he's been there for a couple of

months now. not doing shit, but in his defense he's not getting as much time as he's used to, not to

mention the differences between the epl and the liga primera.
<!--QuoteBegin-bd_sports+Oct 7 2004, 01:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%'

cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (bd_sports @ Oct 7 2004, 01:46

AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->World Cup!  Plus if you're from the States

there's too many sports as it is... 

But speaking of footy, did Michael Owen sign w/ Real

yet?[/quote]
Yes he did.
But he has to

compete for one of the striker positions with...
Raul, Morientes (Spain National), Ronaldo (Brazil National)

hmmm.
He's not going to get many chances to shine...

He'll be playing for England on Saturday

though. (He also has to compete with wonder boy Rooney for the England Striker's job too, it's a hard

life for the former "wonder boy" of English football)
Make every moment count!
One

more thing (maybe this could go in koko ga hendayo).

I hate Japanese sports commentary!!

[Image: crazy.gif]
They tend to repeat the same phrase over

and over and also get over-emotional (emotion is good but not the Japanese way).
"Zettai ni makerare nai

tatakai..." This is a match Japan just cannot lose. It doesn't sound so good when they say it every

game too. [Image: blink.gif]

A lot of commentators end up being

spectators and going "ooh, that was close" or "I really want them to win", saying things

that the TV audience are saying anyway (come on guys you are professionals right?)
One of the worst comments

I heard?:

Japan sends a cross into the area but there is no-one there to head it home. Commentator

says
"If only there was a taller player there!" [Image: w00t.gif]
Funny in itself but even funnier when his partner said
"... or if

the ball was a bit lower" [Image: rofl.gif]
Hell why not make the goal bigger...
Make every moment count!
the epl

commentators are awesome. they're brutal! the game is fast and the skill is incredible (it's the

epl, for fuck's sake), but if a guy makes a little mistake, they jump on that ass!
Is

anyone interesting in watching the England vs Wales match somewhere in Tokyo on Saturday?
Kick off will be

right after we have our little off-kai in Shibuya!
Make every moment count!
Japan won their third place decider against Syria in the Asia Youth Cup after some dodgy decisions in a PK

shootout after the game ended 1-1.

The winning PK was kicked by our haafu brother Robert Cullen.
[Image: 22.jpg]
Let me get something straight. When the taker is running up to the ball, the goalkeeper must not move...

at all?
And correct me if I'm wrong but he's also not allowed to come forward in order to attempt a

save right?

Well that's what the Japanese goalie was guilty of. The Syrian Goalie was pretty dirty

too, he was moving all over the place and deliberately passing the ball away from the Japanese player

etc.

Maa, if they had performed better they would never have been in a PK shootout.

Now I'm

going to check the England score.... fingers crossed (there's no way they would lose to Wales right?)

[Image: eh.gif]
Make every moment count!
Yokatta, England won 2-0!!
Lampard and Beckam the scorers
[Image: king.gif]

Anshin anshin!

Why am I writing this anyway? No ones

interested in football [Image: sad.gif]
Make every moment count!