Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthquake in Japan
so are the Japan halvsies all accounted for? I didn't see a thread about the earthquake and wanted to know if people have family there. My mom is up in Aomori prefecture...luckily her town was unaffected by the quake and tsunami. I finally got word the other night that she's safe and sound.

what about the rest of you? it's sad to see all of the devastation on the news and feel helpless.
Not many active members still live in Japan... but as far as I can tell from activity on Facebook, everyone seems to be fine.
Hapacheese said that there aren't many members living in Japan but I still need to post this in case someone would be able to help.

Some friends and I are looking for our friend, Horio Akira 堀尾明 . He hasn't contacted us since the earthquake and we are very worried now. His boss said he was on holidays at that time.

His phone numbers don't seem to be working from France so we'd like someone in Japan to try calling him and/or go to his address in Tokyo to see if he is back home.

If you think you can do it, please contact me!

Thanks in advance.
[quote name='Shunkun' timestamp='1300564636' post='229285']

Hapacheese said that there aren't many members living in Japan but I still need to post this in case someone would be able to help.

Some friends and I are looking for our friend, Horio Akira 堀尾明 . He hasn't contacted us since the earthquake and we are very worried now. His boss said he was on holidays at that time.

His phone numbers don't seem to be working from France so we'd like someone in Japan to try calling him and/or go to his address in Tokyo to see if he is back home.

If you think you can do it, please contact me!

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Hapacheese was rfering to halvsie.com members...

I hope you will manage to trace your friend...was he a half japanese? i managed to trace the family of a greek hafu friend by contacting the local police, prefectural office and embassy but we were certain on their location ( i mean which city they were living)
My friend is Japanese and lives in Tokyo but he has many friends in France who are like family to him.

We have filled the Google Person Finder and left messages on other websites but no response.

I'm a bit angry at the moment because many people on Twitter offered their help to call relatives in Japan but now that I'm asking, they say that they have more important things to do!! During one week, they were all saying how it was sad for Japan, how we should pray for the Japanese and so on but when they get a chance to really help, they are not available!

Anyway, I'll do my best to find Akira.

Edit on the 4th of April 2011: Our friend finally sent us an email. He was in a coma at the hospital all this time! It looks like something fell on him during the earthquake. He is better now but a friend took a flight to Tokyo to help him get back on his feet.