Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fugu
I need all of your help!!!

Can anyone tell me where a good fugu restaurant is in Tokyo?

I'm bringing my parents and boyfriend in March. My parents think that food isn't good in Japan because last time they came to visit me in Osaka, my mom forced my dad to eat at Matsuya all the time. I'm on a mission to prove that there is awesome food in Japan....unfortunately....I only know Osaka.

Any other MUST EATS in Tokyo would be cool too.

Much appreciated
I've been to Torafugu-Tei in Shinjuku's Kabukicho district, and would recommend it. http://wikitravel.org/en/Shinjuku#Splurge

In Tokyo of course there's also sushi at the Tsukiji fish market, and to top off the exotic Japanese seafood tour, try Kujiraya -- the whale restaurant -- in Shibuya.
I shall serve no fries before their time.
Eh, why on earth would you force someone to eat at Matsuya everyday?
<!--quoteo(post=199225:date=Dec 17 2007, 12:38 PM:name=satoru)-->QUOTE(satoru @ Dec 17 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Eh, why on earth would you force someone to eat at Matsuya everyday?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Agree! Matsuya is prolly the last thing I would eat. Theres plenty of great 定食 restaurants around [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/kicking.gif[/img]
aren't there those chain fugu joints? no idea what they're called but i've seen like 3 of them. the ones with the fishies in the window. that's right i think we saw them on sat night... and we were kissy kissying them. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

there's one near here...i will check the name!
[center]captured in this light

beauty will survive[/center]
hahaha Thanks Guys and Girls

My mom is not adventurous to say the least. She was scared to go anywhere that didn't have pictures. So that limited her to Yoshinoya, Matsuya, and McDs.

Riktov - I'm totally going to hit the sushi shops in Tsukiji. That's one of my main objectives. The last couple of times I went to Tokyo, I didn't get a chance since Dominique kept dragging me to Kiddyland. UGH. I was SAVED from having to go to Sanrio World/Land because I told her to force her fiance to go with her. He wants to marry her, he can suffer for her. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laughlong.gif[/img]

But yeah, there is a SEVERE lack of good sushi shops in my vicinity. Raw fish just isn't the same here. And it's near impossible to find maguro, let alone toro. They'll call it that...but then it comes and it's actually defrosted butterfish. You can literally taste the frostbite in the meat at some of these places. Double UGH.

Does Kujiraya actually sell kujira?

Any other suggestions on food or things to see are totally welcome. Lord knows, I don't know what to do with the old fogies. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]